Vectra (Vectra AI), a globally renowned company in network detection and response (NDR), has reported that in calendar 2020, sales continued to grow at a compound annual rate exceeding 100 percent and sales of Cognito Detect for Microsoft Office 365 accelerated, growing at a rate of 340 percent.
These trends were driven in part by the rapid adoption of Microsoft Office 365 productivity applications, such as Microsoft Teams and heightened cyber security concerns, in the wake of numerous high-profile attacks in 2020.
Vectra helps enterprises fight COVID-19
The positive results topped an impressive year for Vectra, which took a major role in securing many organisations fighting the COVID-19 pandemic and continued to accelerate global expansion initiatives.
Vectra solutions helped customers cut their risk of suffering a major security event by 63 percent in 2020"
Vectra’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Hitesh Sheth said “Vectra solutions helped customers cut their risk of suffering a major security event by 63 percent in 2020. In response to multiple high-profile supply chain breaches and infiltration of widely used business application, such as Office 365, it’s gratifying to see more companies broadening adoption of NDR solutions, to secure assets in the Cloud, data centres, end users and IoT resources.”
He adds, “These successful cyber-attacks underline the value of threat detection solutions that secure an entire network infrastructure, including hybrid, the Cloud, data centres and corporate networks. Innovative Vectra NDR solutions do just that. Vectra customers have greater insight into threat landscapes and faster detection times. With Vectra, their ability to identify actual threats is 85 percent improved.”
Vectra’s Cognito Detect software solution
As cybercriminals targeted healthcare providers, manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, Vectra’s Cognito product helped detect and arrest an in-process attack on Sanofi, the France-based multi-national pharma firm, contributing to vaccine development for Europe. (Sanofi joined Vectra in January 2020 to recap the attack and response, and share best practices moving forward)
Vectra also added channel partners and product distributors worldwide, across both existing and new markets. Additions included Arrow Electronics as a distributor for the United Kingdom and Iberia, Westcon for Benelux countries, DACH and Sub-Sahara Africa regions, and Exclusive Networks for North Africa and the Middle East regions.
The company also secured product distributors for Russia and CIS territories and, in the third quarter, unveiled a modernised global channel partner programme that provides enhanced training and support.
Vectra’s new product integrations and features
Building on this momentum, Vectra recently launched several new product integrations, features, and capabilities, including:
- Deep product integration with CrowdStrike Falcon Insight that delivers expanded response capabilities for Cognito Detect, enabling well-coordinated, instantaneous responses to thwart cyber-attacks directly at the device level.
- An integration programme with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Advanced Threat Protection) for Cognito and its lockdown feature. This further extends Vectra’s automated enforcement capabilities, to enable SOCs to stop ongoing attacks in real time.
- Improved ability to operationalise via the SIEM, especially in large enterprises, with a variety of logging enhancements.
- Extended product reach in the virtual data centre with Hyper-V sensor support.
- Launched Vectra Threat Intel that significantly increases the day-to-day (non-threat) value.
- Augmented Vectra AI with Vectra Threat Intelligence, to provide improved context and coverage, making it easier to find, identify, and remediate potential threats.
Vectra wins multiple awards in 2020
Vectra was repeatedly recognised in 2020 for its state-of-the-art customer service model, winning the ‘best customer service’ category in the 2020 SC Europe Awards, with an industry-renowned 95 percent customer renewal rate. The company’s signature Cognito platform won industry recognition, as the ‘best security innovation in a SaaS product’ in the 2020 SaaS Awards.
Cognito is also a six-time gold winner at the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards and a two-time winner of the Cyber Defense InfoSec Awards for NextGen cloud security and NextGen AI, and machine learning.