The challenge was to upgrade an outdated security system in retiree’s residences with the convenience of a mobile app while accommodating long distances between front and back doors.
The solution recommended was to install Aiphone’s JO Series Video Intercom with Mobile App Capability to provide remote management of visitors and deliveries.
How does a semi-retired New York security professional take control of the entry to his new Florida home? Matt Arnold, Sr., of New York’s Academy Mailbox, relied on his experience and chose an Aiphone JO Series video doorbell with a mobile app.
“Whether I’m here in my Florida home for five more years or another 20, I know I can rely on my new JO Series system to keep working,” said Matt Arnold, Sr. (Homeowner) Owner & Retired Security Professional, Academy Mailbox.
The aging security system in the Florida residence of Matt Arnold, Sr., was old and tired. As a retiree, Matt needed a reliable and nimble security system that would accommodate the need to monitor his visitors and grant access to his home, whether from the far reaches of another city or from the far end of his home courtyard.
With the system in place, Arnold can see and speak with visitors to determine their intent before remotely unlocking the door. Due to the large square footage of this home, answering the door in a hurry can be a challenge, which is where the JO Series convenience comes in. With the addition of a smartphone app, having a high-quality voice and video communication capability makes this system an excellent solution.
JO Series mobile-app allows users to answer visitor calls, as well as grant access from virtually anywhere
With 40-plus years in the security industry, Matt knew exactly the Aiphone system that he wanted. The JO Series intercom has the reliability of a hard-wired master station, providing a guaranteed method to communicate with visitors, even if the internet is down or slow. It’s easy to identify visitors on the large 7-inch touchscreen display. Another important feature of the JO Series is the convenient mobile-app capability, allowing users to answer visitor calls, as well as grant access from virtually anywhere.
“When I’m at home, it can be a long walk from the back of my home to the courtyard front door. Now I just check from the JO Series station in my kitchen/living room area or my bedroom,” Matt Arnold, Sr. (Homeowner) Owner & Retired Security Professional, Academy Mailbox. “The JO Series provides me with better security, greater convenience, and increased peace of mind– exactly what I need as I head into retirement,” Matt Arnold, Sr. (Homeowner) Owner & Retired Security Professional, Academy Mailbox.
Ease of Use
Arnold enjoys the freedom of using the JO Series cloud-based smartphone app. It enables him to have a voice and video communication with visitors while he’s out for dinner at a local restaurant or spending a few days in his New York office. He can use the app with confidence because an in-app slider prevents accidental unlocking, assuring only approved visitors are granted access.
Other Advantages of the JO Series Include:
- The updated JO Series provides door access using the best of both worlds – a hard-wired, in‑home master station with a 7-inch screen for instant contact with visitors or wireless control inside or outside a home or business via the mobile app.
- The Aiphone master station acts like a video answering machine with built-in memory to store up to 10 audio and video recordings. If more memory is needed, there is space to add up to a 32GB microSDTM card. The only added cost is that of the SD card; there are no other storage or access fees.
- Up to eight smart devices can be connected to a single JO Series system. The app gives active, on-the-go users the ability to see and talk with visitors and unlock their door from either Apple® or Android® devices. The app also features a smart new way to unlock doors – a sliding button. This requires a purposeful motion intended to prevent users from accidentally unlocking their doors.
- Both the video door station and inside monitor have a clean, modern design providing an attractive solution to match home or office décor.
- The affordable JO Series is available at a one-time cost without long-term contracts or fees.