Axis has partnered with video management system (VMS) provider Milestone and two of its video analytic application (ACAP) partners to offer a smarter way to search for, recover, identify and share video evidence about vehicles.
AXIS Optimizer forensic search plug-in provides an efficient means to find video evidence in Milestone XProtect using metadata from automatic licence plate recognition (LPR) ACAPs from Axis and third-party vendors. VMS operators save significant time and costs using this serverless, camera-based solution for a range of on- and off-street applications.
Licence plate verifier
Axis cameras with embedded LPR analytics deliver a broad range of metadata — such as type of vehicle, brand, colour etc. — that is then stored as search criteria in the VMS database. Having all data types aggregated in one VMS search database makes for quick, easy and efficient investigations.
The first release of AXIS Optimizer forensic search is focused on LPR-based ACAPs
A range of Axis cameras support embedding ACAPs available from both Axis and third-party vendors. The first release of AXIS Optimizer forensic search is focused on LPR-based ACAPs. It makes it possible to search for vehicle-specific metadata in Milestone XProtect derived from AXIS licence plate verifier from Axis as well as from LPR ACAPs from Vaxtor and FF Group.
Vehicular crime investigations
These combine to give XProtect users search results of video based on:
- Vehicle’s type, brand, model, colour and speed
- Licence plate number and country of origin
- Date and time the video was recorded
Some practical applications of this solution include:
- Lane and traffic light enforcement control
- Traffic management
- Toll collection
- Vehicular crime investigations
- Parking lot security.
- Fast and accurate results
Important traffic data
Each ACAP and camera are optimised to ensure high-quality video and analytics
This solution allows users to collect important traffic data and manage all aspects — from automatically detecting licence plates to getting forensic search results. Vehicle and plate detection, recognition and classification is performed inside the camera before being sent to the VMS.
Using Power of Ethernet (PoE) IP cameras to process and manage metadata keeps costs low compared to server-based processing. Plus, each ACAP and camera are optimised to ensure high-quality video and analytics with optical zoom, autofocus, OptimisedIR, electronic image stabilisation, shutter speed and other important camera settings. Depending on which ACAP is used, results typically deliver detection rates of >97% with up to 95% recognition rates.
Exporting video evidence
How Axis Optimizer forensic search plug-in for Milestone XProtect works:
- Detect. Recognise. Classify - Performed by the video cameras running LPR applications. Axis offers a range of LPR cameras optimised for specific use cases. Built-in LPR ACAPs include those branded by Axis and its partners.
- Storage - Milestone XProtect receives and stores all metadata. All in one place. In the familiar XProtect interface.
- Search and Get evidence - The solution empowers users to quickly and accurately search for, find and export video evidence.