Genetec Inc., a provider of unified security, public safety, operations, and business intelligence solutions, announces it will display its flagship security platform, Security Centre 5.8, and its comprehensive suite of new features whilst exhibiting at IFSEC International 2019. This will be the first time the new functionality will have been displayed in Europe, taking place at ExCeL London from 18-20 June (Stand IF710).
The unified platform has undergone a significant update recently, providing customisable live dashboards, enhanced privacy protection features, a brand-new mobile app, and new functionalities that help users monitor the health of their security system and ensure compliance with cybersecurity best practices. Version 5.8’s new features will also ensure that operators can optimise their physical security environment while benefiting from greater visibility into their operations.
Monitor security system
Security Center 5.8 enables operators to create user-friendly, highly customisable dashboards, presenting critical information, including real-time data from the scene of an ongoing incident. These dashboards show live video feeds from the exact locations where an alarm may have been triggered and provides users with insightful reports and charts depending on their interest area.
This app allows users to record incidents, access nearby video and access control
A key new feature of the Security Center interface is the ability to monitor a security system while on the go - through a mobile app which gives operators a valuable new asset in the security environment. This app allows users to record incidents, access nearby video and access control, as well as sharing video from their phones to Security Center. This provides the user with actionable information, that can be shared across the whole security team – allowing them to respond effectively to any situation that might occur.
Increase local awareness
Security Center 5.8 also provides a wide range of other valuable features:
- Video (live and recorded playback, PTZ controls, bookmarking, time - and event-based reports);
- Access control (check door status, lock/unlock doors, override schedule, set maintenance mode etc.);
- ALPR (live reads/hits, plate reports, and access hotlists);
- Interactive maps that increase local awareness and put critical information much closer to the operators, enabling them to easily visualise their environment and respond quickly.
- Built-in messaging allows for instantaneous sharing of information between operators and personnel in the field. This extends to sharing live or recorded video clips, text messages and other security information.