Genetec Inc., a technology provider of unified security, public safety, operations, and business intelligence announced the immediate availability of a new Unified Solutions Bundle for small and mid-sized retailers, an all-in-one offering, specifically tailored to help retailers manage their security, protect people and assets, increase operational intelligence, and enhance customer service.
The Unified Solutions Bundle combines several easy-to-install, enterprise-class Genetec products, at an affordable price for retailers.
Multiple physical security
"Traditionally, small and mid-sized retailers worked with multiple physical security, technology, and analytics suppliers to combine solutions that were not designed to work together. This created inefficiency by introducing cyber security vulnerabilities, challenging maintenance procedures, and operational situations which increased costs."
A unified system can improve overall store security by giving personnel all the information they need
"The Genetec Unified Solutions Bundle solves these problems by bringing security, operations, and business intelligence together into one single interface, reducing operator overload and improving efficiency. With Genetec Security Centre at the core of this bundle, retailers can be confident knowing that their solutions are deployed following cyber security best practices," explained Rob Borsch, Commercial & Practice Lead at Genetec.
Embedded analytics tools
With this new bundle and the Genetec Security Center unified platform at its core, retailers will be able to make the most of their existing security infrastructure to develop strategies that attract and retain customers, reduce fraud losses, and quickly close incident cases. By using embedded analytics tools to analyse the vast amounts of data and video already being collected, they can make better-informed decisions about staffing and how to manage the flow of people in their shops.
This can help them become more competitive and have a significant positive impact on their customers' journey. A unified system can improve overall store security by giving personnel all the information they need, including alarms and associated video footage, on their tablets, smartphones or at their central operations center. They are then ready to quickly respond to incidents and efficiently manage loss prevention.
Video management system
In an emergency, an IP based physical security system that includes a map interface showing a location's cameras, doors, and other sensors, can make all the difference. The Genetec Unified Bundle features a Streamvault turnkey appliance, pre-loaded with the Genetec Security Center unified platform, and other software including:
- Omnicast - An IP based video management system that goes beyond simple monitoring. Combined with video analytics, it helps the users secure and better understand the retail environment with real time access to surveillance video from any computer or smart phone.
- Synergis - IP-based access control to manage the movement of people throughout buildings, while securing doors and restricted areas to heighten the security of the organisation and increase the user’s readiness to respond to incidents and threats. Synergis can secure large, multi-site facilities or a location with just a few doors.
- AutoVu - An automatic license plate recognition solution that facilitates vehicle identification. This can assist the marketing and operations team to link specific vehicles to customer or employee profiles in the database or identify unknown vehicles in the parking area. Camera Integrity Monitor module that alerts customers when a camera is either moved (pointed in a different direction), covered, or tampered with.
- Retail Sense - Advanced consumer intelligence to empower retailers by using existing security data to deliver insights and help transform customers' in-store experience. These new insights enable you to make informed, real-time decisions, that increase consumer engagement and profitability by analysing the data that the system already gathers.
Digital evidence management
A free 90-day license of the Genetec Clearance digital evidence management to speed up investigations by securely collecting, managing, and sharing digital evidence from various sources with others.
Optional add-ons include:
- ATM Transaction integration (to correlate ATM activity with video footage)
- Intrusion alarm panel integration plug-in (efficiently respond to intrusion breaches)
- Sipelia Intercom hardware & licenses (SIP-based communications between operators and intercom devices)
- Federation connection license (connect different sites together)
- Extended 5 -year warranty Analogue encoder card(s) for 8, 16, 24 or 32 channels
For more information about the Genetec portfolio of solutions for retail institutions, customers can visit Genetec’s official website.