Recent developments in physical security systems have enabled us to expand access control using IT infrastructure.
By eliminating the need for hard wiring to a central panel or controller, IP-based systems enable installations that are non-proprietary, flexible and scalable. This means not only a more versatile solution, but also a more cost-efficient one. A network-based system can be enlarged by one door, and one reader, at a time, unlike some traditional systems where controllers or panels often support multiple openings even if only one opening is required.
This e-book was developed by ASSA ABLOY to take you from the early development of this game-changing technology to today’s latest offerings that enable the use of existing network infrastructure to more cost-effectively ensure the physical security of people, equipment, and data.
Find out more about IP access control:
- The dawn of IT-enabled network security
- The move to IP access control
- How to choose your best IP access solution
- IP security success stories
- Challenges of IP access control
- The impact of IP-enabled access control on your network