Vicon Industries, Inc., a designer and producer of video security systems and high-performance IP cameras, announced the release of its new next-generation video management software, Vicon Valerus. Glowing reviews during beta testing indicates that this unique, browser-based system promises to be a revolutionary tool in the security industry.
Thin client architecture and central licensing
The advanced simplicity of Vicon’s Valerus software was built on today’s true open standards in order to optimise interoperability. This easy-to-install and use software offers thin client architecture and central licensing, providing ground-breaking steps toward the future of security solutions. Based on years of experience in the security market and a look forward to the future, Vicon’s new platform supports today’s conventional network systems and is ready for the expanding world of cloud computing.
Valerus is available for immediate download with a 30-day free trial. Upcoming software updates are free to ensure that in the future, the software is compatible with the latest hardware and operating systems. Upgrades are only necessary to unlock new features.
- Ultimate in flexibility and scalability with three license tiers; and web-based access from anywhere designed to handle all types of security demands
"Valerus is a system you can invest in today and be confident it will be your solution into the future"
- Simple and cost-effective pricing model combined with optional upgrade protection plan ensures long-term value
- Offers comfort of real choice with third-party integration compatibility through ONVIF
- Single license activates all Valerus components—including cameras, recording servers, and clients
- Available as software only or installed on factory approved hardware—offers flexibility in system design
- Simplifies security operations with central dashboard that provides health notifications to quickly resolve issues
- Increases operational efficiency with quick configuration tool and centralised management
- Provides unparalleled HD image quality and intelligently manages bandwidth and storage
Bret McGowan, Vicon’s Senior VP of Sales & Marketing, states, “Vicon’s Valerus is finally here and we look forward to sharing our new software with the entire security industry. This revolutionary video management software brings a whole new level of ease of installation and user experience and underscores our commitment to offer true standards-based products. Valerus is a system you can invest in today and be confident it will be your solution into the future.”