SentryCon, SentryNet’s annual dealer conference held in Biloxi, MS, was held April 23-26 with over 225 security industry professionals in attendance. The main focuses for this year’s conference included how to deal with current challenges facing the security industry and how to increase business and Recurring Monthly Revenue (RMR).
“This year, our theme was the Challenge of Change,” says Julie Beach, VP of SentryNet. “During our several days together, we focused on education and networking to help our dealers gain the tools and knowledge needed to continue to stay competitive in the rapidly evolving security environment.”
SentryCon is known for its education sessions and this year was no exception. Impressive speakers included:
- Mark Brown, Keynote and Emmy nominated speaker, who taught proven tools to multiply your time in today’s fast-paced world.
- Bob Harris, Attrition Busters, who discussed ways to change the opinion of the end user.
- Rob Davis, Davis Mergers and Acquisitions, who discussed what keeps alarm dealers up at night.
- Robert Schell, CSSI, shared news regarding the Tax and Jobs Act and how dealers could leverage this new legislation in commercial sales.
- Product Classes that were held by AlarmNet, Napco, Hikvision, idRestore 360, and Telguard.
Hikvision, Honeywell and Napco among participants The SentryCon tradeshow gives dealers a chance to be face-to-face with the industry’s top product and services providers
In addition to education, the SentryCon tradeshow gave dealers a chance to be face-to-face with the industry’s top product and services providers. Hikvision, SentryCon’s Platinum sponsor, shared the latest in camera systems. Silver sponsors ADI, Honeywell and Napco displayed trending end user products and services that dealers. Bronze sponsors Alarm Insurance, Alarm.com, DSC and Telguard also displayed the latest products and services they offer.
During the event, dealers, vendors and employees raised over $5,000 in donations to the National Firefighter Cancer Support Network (NFCSN). These funds go to assist firefighters who are battling cancer contracted by their career. The NFCSN also provides valuable training and tools to firefighters to keep them safe from the contaminants that cause cancers. Excursions included fishing, golfing, skeet and trap shooting, a shrimping tour, and a Biloxi Shuckers (Minor League Baseball) game that hosted 80 employees, dealers and vendors. SentryNet’s own General Manger, Alain Jamet, threw the first pitch at the Shuckers game.
Overall, SentryCon 2018 was a booming success. SentryNet treats their dealers like family and is proud to hear SentryCon referred to as a “family reunion” by many.