Tamron introduces near IR corrected/ 5 megapixel board mount zoom lens 1/2.7” 2.8-9.8mm F/1.6, IR
Tamron Co., Ltd., total optics manufacturer and a leader in the security industry, announced the release of a near IR corrected / 5 mega-pixel board mount type zoom lens.
Security cameras today offer rapidly improving picture quality and many manufacturers of security devices are now developing cameras with high-pixel image sensors.
In light of this trend, Tamron has developed a high-performance zoom lens for PTZ’s and bullet cameras. This zoom lens has the resolving power to support high pixel counts and can support 1.8µm pitch image sensors. It promises three desirable characteristics: super-wide-angle support for high pixel counts, and high performance.
With an angle of view of over 100°, this 5 mega-pixel lens is a new type of board mount zoom lens. The lens, moreover, not only offers 5 mega-pixel picture quality under visible light, but the same high level of quality is accomplished with near-infrared light conditions. Day or night, this lens, for the new age ensures high-resolution and high-performance monitoring with no compromise of picture quality.
Tamron will lead the market for high-definition security with the newly developed zoom lens supporting 5 mega-pixel and near-infrared lighting.
1. Super-wide-angle, high-picture-quality 3.5 x zoom lens for PTZ
- Achieves a wide 123.1° angle with 1/2.7” sensors (16:9) and 100° angle with 1/3” sensors (4:3).
- Enables wide-area monitoring with a single camera.
2. Maintains 5 mega-pixel high performance even in near-infrared light
- Achieves 24-hour, 5 mega-pixel monitoring without loss of picture quality.
- Lighting conditions are not a concern as the lens will provide uniform picture quality and resolving power day or night.
- Clip picture quality remains excellent as high pixel count is maintained, helpful for recognising persons.
3. Aperture mechanism supporting P-Iris
- Stepping motor enables precise aperture control.
- Depending on the application, aperture range can be controlled to a desired position to optimise the image quality.
4. Compact body, with overall length of just 64.25 mm
- Uses new iris mechanisms to maintain compact form with high picture quality.
- Tamron’s years of technical experience have achieved a form that is smaller but maintains super-wide-angle support for high pixel counts, and high performance.
|Manufacturer||Tamron Co., Ltd.|
|Lens Format inches||1/2.7 inch|
|Focal Length mm||2.8 ~ 9.8 mm focal length|
|IR Corrected (Aspherical)||Yes|
|Angle (Field) of View o||100|
|Additional info||Tamron DF023 is a 5MP 1/2.7” format, F/1.6, IR Corrected board mount zoom lens. It enables wide area monitoring with a single camera. The lighting conditions are not a concern as the lens provides uniform picture quality.|
|Download PDF version|
More Tamron CCTV camera lenses
See comparison of Tamron DF023 with similar Tamron CCTV camera lenses
Compare Tamron DF023 with CCTV camera lenses from other manufacturers
Tamron announces the launch of M117FM06 and M117M08 fixed focal lenses for expanded applications in machine vision
Tamron unveils high-fidelity, high-sensitivity Standard Vari-Focal Lens with 4K/8-Mega-Pixel resolution
Tamron’s M13VG2713IR 3MP vari-focal lens supports high resolution throughout visual light and near-IR spectrum