Tamron DF024NL mega-pixel/full HD/ultra-small 3X zoom lens
Tamron Co., Ltd., specialised manufacturer of optics and one of the leading companies in the security/surveillance equipment industry announces development of a compact zoom lens for integration with camera modules, Model: DF024NL, supporting 3 mega-pixel resolution in near-IR for security/surveillance use.
Demand for cameras in fully integrated forms such as mini-dome and bullet-type cameras is on the rise in the security/surveillance market due to ease of installation and well-refined cosmetic design. While cameras require performance exceeding the HD/Full HD resolution, the constraint on the geometric size and compactness are mandated, especially for lenses for mini-dome cameras.
Tamron has begun selling Model DF010NL "2-Mega-Pixel/Full HD/Ultra-Small 3X Zoom Lens" (1/3" 3-9mm F/1.2) since 2012. The lens, a compact 3X zoom one of the smallest in the industry and fitting nicely within 3" domes, has been extensively adopted by many camera manufacturers, setting a standard for mini-domes.
Mini-dome cameras incorporating a small zoom lens are installed indoors as well as outdoors, and deployed for day/night 24-hour surveillance. When images are captured in black-and-white under very low light conditions in the night-time, the quality tends to drop down to near an SD-level resolution, significantly lower than that in the daytime. In response to the strong market demand for high-quality day/night use, Model DF024NL is developed with the image quality substantially enhanced by use of a new optical design optimally tuned for various lighting conditions around the clock.
1. Enhanced image quality in the visible light range by means of a new optical design (for 3-mega-pixel cameras)
- While the existing mini-dome camera market is moving toward higher than 2-mega-pixel/Full HD resolution, Tamron took an early start on a new optical design to deliver 3-mega-pixel resolution over the entire zoom range under visible light, which has achieved unprecedented high-resolution image quality breaking through a conventional standard.
2. Enhancement of near-IR image quality by means of a new optical design (Mega-Pixel)
- Efficient compensation of optical aberrations in the near-IR bandwidth, and enhancement of resolution and quality for mega-pixel cameras have been achieved by means of a new optical design, delivering clearer black-and-white images when an IR-cut filter is disengaged in the night-time.
3. A compact size that fits within 3" mini-dome camera housings
- The lens retains one of the smallest sizes in the industry, to fit within 3" mini-dome camera housings, without compromising image quality.
4. A horizontal FOV angle of 93°at the wide-angle end (for 1/3" cameras)
Features inherited from DF010NL
- Use of a mount compatible with DF010NL - Geometrical dimensions of the mount and the boss are compatible with DF010NL. DF024NL is compatible with former products in installation and usage.
- Incorporation of a stepping motor for focus / zoom drive - Higher-precision focus / zoom adjustment is enabled by use of a lead-screw stepping motor, a feature identical with DF010NL.
- Continuous employment of the highly-reliable IR-cut filter ON / OFF switching feature that has been validated by DF010NL.
|Manufacturer||Tamron Co., Ltd.|
|Lens Format inches||1/2.7 inch|
|Focal Length mm||3 ~ 9 mm focal length|
|F-Stop||F/1.3 ~ F2.2 F-stop|
|IR Corrected (Aspherical)||Yes|
Tamron DF024NL is a mega-pixel/full HD/ultra-small 3X zoom lens. The lens, a compact 3X zoom one of the smallest in the industry and fitting nicely within 3" domes, has been extensively adopted by many camera manufacturers, setting a standard for mini-domes. The DF024NL is developed with the image quality substantially enhanced by use of a new optical design optimally tuned for various lighting conditions around the clock.
|Download PDF version|
Contact Tamron Co., Ltd.
More Tamron CCTV camera lenses
See comparison of Tamron DF024NL with similar Tamron CCTV camera lenses
Compare Tamron DF024NL with CCTV camera lenses from other manufacturers
Tamron unveils high-fidelity, high-sensitivity Standard Vari-Focal Lens with 4K/8-Mega-Pixel resolution
Tamron’s M13VG2713IR 3MP vari-focal lens supports high resolution throughout visual light and near-IR spectrum