Tamron Co., Ltd, globally renowned manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announced the market launch of a 4K/8 mega-pixel resolution 1/1.7" 3.8-17mm F/1.4 Standard Vari-Focal Lens (Model:M117VG3817IR) that delivers outstanding high-fidelity images over the entire visual and near-IR bandwidth spectrum.
The need for high-fidelity surveillance in 4K/8 mega-pixel resolution is growing in the surveillance camera market
The need for high-fidelity surveillance in 4K/8 mega-pixel resolution is growing in the surveillance camera market. In addition to high-fidelity, high sensitivity is also a mandatory feature in a lens.
Tamron, addressing this growing market need, announces the release of a 1/1.7" 3.8-17 mm F/1.4 Vari-Focal Lens compatible with 4K/8-mega-pixel resolution, high-sensitivity, NIR- bandwidth, and CS-mount cameras. The new lens offers distinguished values in both high resolution and high sensitivity.
- High optical performance compatible with "4K/8 Mega-Pixel" resolution - Use of an aspherical lens element, special LD (Low Dispersion) glass material, an XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) lens element combined with state-of-the-art optics design technology assures unrivalled image fidelity compatible with 4K/8 mega-pixel and 5 mega-pixel cameras.
- High sensitivity enhanced by F/1.4 aperture - The F/1.4 wide aperture renders high sensitivity that enables night-time surveillance in 8 mega-pixel resolution.
- Conformance to the widely used focal length of 3.8 - 17mm with the horizontal FOV (Field of View) angle of 121.2° - High-fidelity 4K/8 mega-pixel resolution is provided over the most widely-utilised focal length range of 3.8 - 17mm*. A wide-angle focal distance of 3.8mm supports a full range of high-fidelity imaging in outdoor installations. * For 1/3": Corresponds to the focal distance of 2.5 - 11.2mm
- High-fidelity 5-Mega-Pixel resolution is available, even in the NIR bandwidth - Integration of state-of-the-art optics design, choice of lens glass material, and enhanced engineering precision achieves outstanding improvement in CAS* compensation, NIR performance, and corner resolution, resulting in unprecedented high-fidelity 5 mega-pixel resolution in the NIR bandwidth. *CAS: Chromatic Aberration and Spherochromatism
- Substantial reduction in chromatic blur, ghosting, and flare - State-of-the-art optics design suppresses chromatic aberration to the bare minimum, rendering images without chromatic blur. Extensive use of advanced design and validation engineering eliminates unnecessary light reflection on the lens surface, while flare and ghosting are suppressed to the minimum by employing Tamron's multi-coating technology.
- Adoption of a metal mount for higher reliability - A newly adopted slip-mount mechanism assists the lens/camera integration for easy installation. Adoption of a metal mount achieves substantial improvement in reliability.