The Security Industry Association (SIA) announced its 2019 executive committee and welcomed five new members to the SIA Board of Directors at The Advance, SIA’s annual membership meeting, during ISC West 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
New voting members
At The Advance – held Tuesday, April 9, at the Sands Expo Center – the SIA Board of Directors ratified the selection of five new voting members of the Board of Directors to serve two-year terms from 2019 to 2021:
- Greg Hill, director, intrusion architecture, Johnson Controls
- Kim Loy, chief marketing officer, ACRE
- Jody Ross, vice president, sales, AMAG Technology
- James Rothstein, senior vice president, global security solutions, Anixter
- Brian Wiser, regional president, North America, Bosch Security Systems
Following the ratification, the SIA Executive Committee for 2019 includes:
- Chairman: Scott Schafer, SMS Advisors
- Chairman Elect: Pierre Trapanese, CEO, Northland Control Systems
- Vice Chairman: Scott Dunn, director, business development, Axis Communications
- Secretary: Lynn de Séve, president, GSA Schedules. Inc.
- Treasurer: Richard Brent, CEO, Louroe Electronics
- Immediate Past Chairman: Denis Hébert, president, Feenics
Global security industry
I look forward to the work we will do together to advance the global security industry and provide top-quality service"
“SIA is thrilled to welcome its newest members to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee and leverage the insights of this esteemed group of industry leaders,” said Scott Schafer. “I look forward to the work we will do together to advance the global security industry and provide top-quality service to our members.” The SIA Board of Directors is comprised of industry professionals representing a broad spectrum of interests in the security industry.
At The Advance 2019, in addition to announcing the new board members and executive committee, SIA presented its annual membership awards – the Milestone Awards, the Chairman’s Award, the Sandy Jones Volunteer of the Year Award, the Committee Chair of the Year Award and the inaugural Member of the Year Award. Attendees also enjoyed networking, lunch and a high-impact presentation from Sal Mani, security systems manager at Google, on the workforce imperative of developing cross-functional skill sets to stay competitive in the security industry.