Tamron introduces near IR corrected/ 5 mega-pixel vari-focal lens 1/1.8” 4-13mm F/1.5 IR C-mount
Tamron Co., Ltd., total optics manufacturer and a leader in the security industry, announced the development of a near IR corrected / 5 mega-pixel Vari-Focal lens.
Cameras for the security market are boasting rapidly increasing pixel counts, and security device manufacturers are making greater and greater efforts to satisfy the need. Noting the market trend to cameras with higher pixel counts, Tamron works to develop a variety of products meeting this trend and bring them to market at an early stage.
The major camera markets nowadays are clearly shifting from box cameras to mini-dome cameras, but Tamron sees a steady need for C and CS mount cameras as well. Compared to mini-dome cameras, box cameras with C and CS mount lenses have a better reputation for allowing fine adjustments and providing excellent images. Box cameras have proven their high performance and reliability in monitoring public and critical facilities.
Seeing the marketability of box cameras that support large sensors for high pixel counts, Tamron has now developed a standard Vari-Focal lens supporting near-IR lighting and 5 mega-pixel. In a market that is trending toward higher pixel counts, we believe that in fact box cameras with high-performance C and CS mount lenses will need to be installed in more and more places. In particular, we believe these high resolution lenses will be chosen as the best solution for traffic monitoring, where high performance is a must for identification.
As a developer and manufacturer of high-performance lenses, Tamron will continue to pursue performance and quality through our development.
1. High-spec lens built for high pixel counts
- Market-leading 5 mega-pixel support in a C mount lens.
- Supports large 1/1.8" sensors.
- Lens designed with a fast aperture of F/1.5.
2. Optical design for both day and night monitoring
- Megapixel support even in near-IR lighting.
- Reduced loss of picture quality during night time monitoring.
3. Super-wide-angle Vari-Focal lens
- Coverage from wide angle (115.8°) to medium telephoto (35.9°) (aspect ratio 16:9)
4. Compact, high-performance lens
- New aperture mechanism is developed to keep the compactness and high performance.
|Manufacturer||Tamron Co., Ltd.|
|Lens Format inches||1/1.8|
|Focal Length mm||4 ~ 13|
|Iris Type||Auto Iris|
|IR Corrected (Aspherical)||Yes|
|Angle (Field) of View o||115.8 ~ 35.9|
|Additional info||Tamron M118VG413IR 5 megapixel varifocal lens supports large 1/1.8" sensors. It is designed with a fast aperture of F/1.5. The megapixel support even in near-IR lighting and reduce loss of picture quality during night time monitoring.|
|Download PDF version|