Published on 26 May 2011
|Thermal Imaging Security Camera and Six High-Performance Lenses|
Morio Ono, President and CEO of Tamron Co., Ltd., a leading manufacturer of optical equipment, announced the release of the two following sample exhibited at IFSEC 2011.
- Thermal Imaging Security Camera and Six High-Performance Lenses
- Monitoring Camera 180-View with Fish-eye Lens - "Monitoring Camera 180-View"
Thermal Imaging High-Sensitivity Security Camera and High-Performance Lens Series
Thermal imaging high-sensitivity camera and lens series developed for security applications.
In security applications, there is an increased need for improved image recognition. The Thermal Imaging high-sensitivity camera developed by Tamron allows superior quality monitoring through the use of a high-performance lens with advanced image processing and an optical stabilisation system to rectify image deterioration.
- Highly sensitive thermal imaging sensor and advanced image processing
- Higher sensitivity: Equipped with thermal imaging high-sensitivity sensor
- Optimised display: Image tone correction throughout high, low temperature fluctuations
- Edge enhancement: Contour enhancement to facilitate identification of the subject of interest
- S/N improvement: Noise reduction by digital function
- All lenses equipped with VC (Vibration Compensation) optical image stabilisation, the first for thermal imaging cameras
- Lens with optical zoom ratio of 3x optimised for far-infrared bandwidth (2 models)
- Dust and water proofing/enclosures for outdoor installation (IP66)
Fish-eye Lens "Monitoring Camera 180-View"
New monitoring camera with a 180° horizontal angle of view to eliminate blind spots.
Monitoring Camera 180-View with Fish-eye Lens - Monitoring Camera 180-View
Tamron's newly developed Monitoring Camera 180-View uses a fish-eye lens with a 180° horizontal angle of view to enable production of images with no blind spots. Proprietary image processing technology is incorporated to correct distortions in the images taken, and the camera is also equipped with a variety of functions including motion detection to ensure an accurate image of the subject at hand is captured.
These functions mean a single camera is all that is required to provide adequate coverage, where conventional cameras tend to produce blind spots even when equipped with wide-angle lenses or speed dome cameras fail to capture images in an instant.
- Fish-eye lens with 180° horizontal angle of view
- Use of a fish-eye lens achieves a horizontal angle of view of 180°.
- Proprietary image processing technology
- Image processing technology developed by Tamron is used to correct in-camera any distortions found in the images taken with the fish-eye lens, to generate normalised flat-field images.
- With just the touch of a button, the electronic pan, tilt and zoom is activated to instantaneously enlarge the area selected and check the subject.
- Equipped with a motion detection function, which detects and zooms in on moving subjects.
- Superior reliability
- The camera's superior reliability is due to the mechanics-free construction of the pan, tilt and zoom system. This also ensures that no maintenance is required after installation, and dramatically improves durability compared with regular speed dome cameras. The number of components has also been reduced, resulting in a lighter, more compact camera. It is also IP66 Waterproof Certified.
- Configure to handle different environments
- The camera is available with either a round or square cover, and can be used on an angled mount, a flat mount grooved for wiring, or a tripod mount, to ensure ease of installation in any set-up situation.