Pulse Secure, the provider of software defined secure access solutions, announces that growing demand for hybrid IT and Zero Trust Secure Access, resulted in double digit deal volume growth in the first half of 2019. Additionally, the company announces significant achievements in product innovation, channel programs, customer service and talent acquisition.
“Our sales growth demonstrates that we offer the most flexible and robust platform for Secure Access. We are ideally positioned to capitalise on expansion in the marketplace and accelerate demand for our suites for the rest of this year and into 2020,” said Sudhakar Ramakrishna, CEO of Pulse Secure, noting a recent IDG survey finding that 91% of enterprises plan to increase Secure Access expenditures over the next 18 months.
Secure access functions
Pulse Secure is uniquely positioned to bring together crucial secure access functions
“With the launch of our new Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) solution, we significantly advanced our Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) capabilities offered by our industry-leading portfolio,” Ramakrishna added.
“Fueling our achievements across product innovation, sales and customer service is our strong culture of respect, integrity, commitment and humility, which helped earn us a spot in the top San Francisco Bay Area workplaces for the second year running.” Pulse Secure is uniquely positioned to bring together crucial secure access functions with required interoperability for hybrid IT and multi-cloud.
Key milestones behind the company’s outstanding growth for 1H2019 include:
- Pulse Secure Access Suites sales grew by 98% year over year; nearly twice the demand for suites over last year
- Pulse Secure realised double-digit deal volume growth, including new products and service business, with subscriptions increasing by 44%
- Bookings included the highest number of deals greater than $100,000 in Pulse Secure history
- Pulse One Manager, including mobile security, cloud security and single sign-on, grew by more than 50%
- Network Access Control (NAC) business grew by 45% year over year across federal, Europe and Middle East markets, and Pulse Secure was recognised as a top 3 enterprise NAC provider
- New offerings were launched, including Pulse SDP, extended support and onsite services, and a global solution training and certification program
- New Access Now partner program designed to accelerate channel sales and service opportunities while advancing MSSP enablement
- Industry Net Promoter Score (NPS) rating increased to 52, with a customer renewal rate of over 92%
Reduced ownership cost
Announced in February, the Pulse SDP solution integrates Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) architecture within the award-winning Pulse Secure Access platform, offering customers a flexible path to SDP. This approach extends the company’s foundation of Zero Trust access for hybrid IT with enhanced usability, deployment flexibility, automated provisioning and reduced cost of ownership.
The Pulse Secure focus on individual growth, employee engagement and corporate culture
Pulse SDP offers dual-mode VPN and SDP architecture to provide single-pane-of-glass secure access management with uniform policy management and granular, stateful access enforcement across data center and cloud applications. The Pulse Secure focus on individual growth, employee engagement and corporate culture continues to attract top talent globally.
Evolving customer requirements
Pulse Secure has increased its global workforce by 5% across support, engineering, sales and marketing and institutionalised professional development across all disciplines, with participation increasing by 60%. In addition, the company’s local charitable programs are seeing an employee participation rate increase of nearly 50%.
“Credit for the traction we are enjoying in the marketplace today goes to our people and the culture that supports and empowers them,” said Ramakrishna. “I am proud of our team’s ability to manage growth and meet evolving customer requirements. It’s their competence, business rigor and fantastic attitude that continue to accelerate the growth of Pulse Secure.”