Edge storage technology - the recording of video and storing it at the camera or on a directly attached storage device instead of in a centralised recording facility across the network - is quickly gaining acceptance and is being more broadly adopted into IP video surveillance applications.
The use of edge storage in an IP camera enables video surveillance solution developers more flexibility and cost benefits in system design. By leveraging local microSD card-based storage, system integrators can optimise the design for IP network load/capacity availability, recording redundancy and mobile access.
This brief from Micron will guide video surveillance professionals on selecting the right edge storage solutions for their designs to help deliver the benefits of edge storage.
Find out more about edge storage:
- How does edge storage work?
- Edge storage applications
- Challenges to edge storage in IP video surveillance
- Recording performance of an edge storage device
- Micron's industrial card for edge storage applications