MePIN / Meontrust Inc, the forerunner in strong customer authentication user experience, is showcasing an updated and enhanced version of its market leading Mobile Connect smartphone app authenticator at the Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona.
Mobile Connect smartphone app authenticator
The MePIN for Mobile Connect smartphone app authenticator and SDK is available for iOS and Android platforms and supports a multitude of privacy protecting and business supporting features. Existing Mobile Connect Identity Gateways and IAM platforms can easily integrate with the solution through the server side MePIN Services API. The demonstrated features include:
- Multi-operator support: Allowing multiple operators to share a smartphone app authenticator without compromising subscriber data privacy or confidentiality, accelerating service promotion and take-up
- Mobile centric user enrolment: Enabling automatic onboarding and enrolment of users without SMS verifications or other manual processes while binding the app to a subscription and SIM card
- Dynamic branding and authentication policies: Allowing runtime provisioning of the operator branding, and further on service provider branding during authentication transactions, while supporting LoA 1 to LoA 4 authentication
- Extensive biometrics support: From standard fingerprint recognition to extended facial recognition with liveness detection
- Offline one-time-passcode fallback options, trusted messaging, server initiated interactions, and multiple additional features, making the solution the most comprehensive in the market
Fulfilling modern user experience expectations
In 2016 MePIN for Mobile Connect was selected and is currently deployed for a commercial Mobile Connect pilot in Canada, operated by EnStream LP – a joint venture of Bell Mobility, Rogers Communications and TELUS Communications. The service is a finalist in the GSMA Global Mobile Awards 2017 in Authentication and Identity category.
“Traditional SIM card based identity solutions do not fulfill modern user experience expectations and do not enable the use of biometrics”
“Traditional SIM card based identity solutions do not fulfill modern user experience expectations and do not enable the use of biometrics. We wanted a smartphone app solution that could support multiple mobile operators with a unique 'powered by' brand experience, while at the same time prominently support online Service Provider branding during authentication. The MePIN solution allowed us to deploy quickly with a minimum of integration cost and complexity.” said Robert Blumenthal, Head of Digital Identity and Authentication Services at EnStream.
Digital persona management
The MePIN solution is part of the HPE demonstration of digital persona management at the Mobile World Congress 2017.
"Hewlett Packard Enterprise is enabling CSPs to become identity brokers all while securing customer information and improving customer experience with our Mobile Connect compliant Digital Persona platform. A Smartphone App Authenticator is an important extension to our Mobile Connect solution." said David Sliter, Vice President and General Manager, Communications Solutions Business, HPE.
MePIN Active Transaction & Authentication Core technology
The showcased solution is built on the MePIN Active Transaction & Authentication Core (ATAC) technology, a core solution protecting authentication and payment transactions during runtime using an extensive set of security measures and techniques. The authenticator app can be deployed as a standalone operator branded app or integrated with operator's existing self-service mobile apps. The related server solution is delivered as a cloud service or on-premise software installation.
If you are interested in seeing a demonstration of the solution, visit HPE Hall 3 Stand 3E11, the Finland Pavilion Hall 5 Stand 5F31, or the GSMA Innovation City Hall 4 Stand 4A30.