Exceeding traditional intercom, Android intercom solution generates unprecedented user experience by not only offering friendlier UI, easier understanding and superior operation, but also serving as a smarter platform for integrating various applications. The Akuvox all-Android intercom solution has built a comfortable and smart living environment beyond intercom for home owners in its recent residential project.
The project involved 1,200 luxury apartments in Europe. Integration and mobility were two keywords of the project requirement. The solution was expected to incorporate intercom, home automation and phone system, and the whole package of functions should be easily accessible through residents’ mobile phones.
Solutions and benefits
Akuvox’s all-Android intercom solution included indoor monitor-IT82, video door phone-R29 and video guard phone-R48G, supported by its cloud and mobile app. The various terminals delivered best-in-class SIP communication, with
Their expertly-tuned Android OS along with APIs offered immense openness to 3rd-party developers for customisation, and the configuration, upgrading and maintenance of the solution were efficiently accomplished on the cloud, thanks to which, users could also use mobile apps to obtain all features anywhere and anytime.
As a result, the solution benefited both the system integrator and the residents greatly.
- Intuitive user experience
- Easy integration with other systems, such as home automation
- Top-notch audio and video quality
- Unlimited mobility
- Streamlined management and enhanced productivity
Unique application scenarios
- Searching name on video door phone. Visitors could search names from the contact entries loaded into R29. Adding brilliance to the search experience, the large touch screen could display more names and its customised background picture was welcoming and pleasing.
- Home Automation. Through its eight connectors, IT82 was exploited as a control panel for smart home devices, such as in-home security sensors, smart lighting and smart metering. Also, consolidating community-wide IP cameras, the solution allowed residents to monitor the neighbourhood via an app installed on IT82.
- Integration with phone system. Various services were realised through the video guard phone. The community guard used it to call the resident’s indoor monitor to confirm visitors’ identity, to grant/deny access, or to push messages to indoor monitors. Vice versa, residents can send property service requests from indoor monitors to the guard phone.
- Keeping track of home while away. Through the mobile app, residents answered calls, unlocked doors, checked the live camera feed from door phones and handled alerts sent by indoor monitors. Keeping track of the property status led to stringent security.
Akuvox is a front-runner in SIP and Android-based intercom, accumulating 12-year SIP experience and almost 10-years of Android competence, achieving many breakthroughs in their convergence. It is one of the few intercom suppliers that offer massively-deployed Android solutions, which not only deliver stable system, but also possess exceptional capability of deep customisation.