The SM-6300 is LEGIC’s latest reader IC to secure ID and Internet of Things applications. Thanks to the embedded certified secure element (SE), the new reader chip is also ideal for ID and IoT applications with the highest security. Another advantage of the SM-6300 is the very compact “System-in-Package” design.
ID and IoT solutions
The SM-6300 includes a tamperproof hardware secure element (SE), where all key material is stored. This enables a wide range of innovative ID and IoT solutions with high security requirements. Encrypted communication with end-to-end security can be established.
The high-tech design of a “Systemin-Package” module with a printed circuit board makes it possible to integrate many electronic components - such as capacitors, resistors, two crystals and a transistor - along with the main semiconductors (BLE, NFC, SE), thus reducing the assembly costs for customers significantly.
The SM-6300 offers not only RFID functionality, but also BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) — the perfect choice for secure ID and IoT solutions
RFID and BLE functionality
The SM-6300 offers not only RFID functionality, but also BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) — the perfect choice for secure ID and IoT solutions in hospitality, residential access, car sharing, mobility solutions, smart home applications, corporate ID and vending machines. With the SE as a security anchor, the SM-6300 fulfills the highest security requirement
The SM-6300 fits perfectly into LEGIC’s comprehensive platform for ID and IoT solutions. The all-inclusive platform includes reader and smartcard ICs, key and authorisation management tools as well as the mobile service LEGIC Connect consisting of a trusted service and an SDK for mobile apps.
SM-6300 benefits and features
- System-in-Package module with 8 x 8 x 1.1 mm footprint
- BLE communication to LEGIC Mobile SDK (Android and iOS) or to third-party BLE devices
- Support of all common smartcard ICs
- Common Criteria EAL5+ certified secure element
- Compatible with LEGIC’s Master-Token System-Control solution
- Similar LEGIC commands for mobile ID and RFID (with high technology abstraction)
Evaluation Kit EK-6300
The EK-6300 Evaluation Kit supports you in the efficient design of BLE and contactless smartcard applications.
- Evaluation of the SM-6300 performance as well as introduction to the OS50 command set
- Development Kit Software DKS-6000 including application examples
- Design example of a reader with schematic, bill of materials and layout
- Entry into the use of the unique LEGIC Master-Token System-Control solution (SAM+ Zone C Demo)
- Use of LEGIC prime and advant smartcards
- Access to MIFARE Classic / DESFire smartcards