HID Aero™ Controllers
Consisting of a fully functional hardware and firmware solution accompanied by an API integration package, HID Aero™ Controllers are ideal for access control providers who want to build solutions for small- to medium-size customers but do not want to incur the ongoing costs of designing, manufacturing, and maintaining panel hardware. The HID Aero controller product line is the successor to HID VertX® controllers.
Key benefits of HID Aero include:
- Flexible—A future-proof platform that can protect end-user investment by its ability to adapt and grow to meet future needs. With its IP network base, HID Aero Controllers can connect to the internet or cloud-based systems for updates and offer interoperability with security systems. HID Aero also introduces powerful remote management capabilities for HID readers, enabling the simultaneous update of credential compatibilities for all HID Readers attached to an individual intelligent controller, at the touch of a button.
- Secure—Protect against costly exploits, vulnerabilities, and downtime with end-to-end security from credential to host, reducing attack vectors for system-level protection. HID Aero safeguards the entire security chain an identity travels along during the authentication process with TLS running in a FIPS 140-2 approved operating environment, OSDP secure channel and AES-256 encrypted communication.
- Trusted—Based on trusted HID Mercury™ technology to leverage the knowledge and expertise gained from 4+ million panels installed globally. HID Aero is also backwards compatible with VertX IO modules to protect current investments with HID Global.
- Future Proof and Highly Adaptable - HID Aero Controllers are built with openness and flexibility at their core. This open approach gives users unmatched freedom to choose from a wide range of HID-approved system manufacturers, as HID Aero is supported by a trusted network of software providers. This ecosystem reduces total cost of ownership by enabling users to migrate their existing systems over the entire deployment lifecycle. To enable our ecosystem of partners, HID Aero comes with a powerful API toolkit and full access to the developer environment. Beyond the freedom of choice, HID Aero is a future-proof controller platform that can adapt to the growing needs of small and medium-size organizations. Because HID Aero is IP-based, the controllers can connect to on-premise or cloud-based systems to perform access control configuration, command and control, and monitor system status. This also enables interoperability with parallel security systems. Furthermore, HID Aero Controllers run on Linux, an open source and standardized operating system that allows for quicker patch management as compared to proprietary systems.
- OSDP Verified - HID Aero controllers are SIA OSDP verified and provide interoperable solutions for open architecture access control applications. This further demonstrates that HID Physical Access Control Solutions comply to the Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) standard, which reassures specifiers that they offer the intended interoperability and security.
|Model code||Aero™ Controllers|
|Max No. of Doors per Controller||2 doors/controller|
|Onboard No/Type of Inputs / Outputs||7 inputs and 4 relays (5A/3A NO/NC @ 30Vdc, non-latching)|
|Universal / Wiegand Reader Interface||Yes|
|Download PDF version Download PDF version|
More HID Access control controllers
Related white papers
A brief history of access control credentials
The 2020 State of Physical Access Control Report
Financial institutions require future-ready physical security technologies
The role of access control in a safe return to the workplaceDownload
Leading an economic recovery requires a faster and safer return to the workplaceDownload
Physical access control in higher educationDownload
How Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) is revolutionising access control systemsDownload
HID Global announces HID Signo readers, Aero and Mercury controllers are the industry’s first SIA OSDP verified access control products
HID Global launches Signo biometric reader 25B to capture and read fingerprints in real-world applications
HID Global adds cloud-based multi-factor authentication to its WorkforceID Unified Identity and access management platform