Published on 8 July, 2010
|A very strong close of the second quarter generated growth of 6 percent|
- Net sales during the period amounted to SEK 1,321 M (1,074), and sales amounted to SEK 678 M (542) for the second quarter.
- Operating profit during the period amounted to SEK 169 M (93), and operating profit amounted to SEK 74 M (46) for the second quarter.
- Profit before tax during the period amounted to SEK 168 M (92), and profit before tax amounted to SEK 74 M (46) for the second quarter.
- Profit after tax during the period totalled SEK 122 M (67), and profit after tax totalled SEK 53 M (34) for the second quarter.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.76 (0.96) during the first half-year.
Ray Mauritsson, President, Axis Communications, said: "A very strong close of the second quarter generated growth of 6 percent, compared with the first quarter of the year. Sales have been particularly robust within the Americas region which reported growth of 25 percent, compared with the same period of the preceding year. The Asia region also showed strong growth of 56 percent. The corresponding growth rate within the EMEA region amounted to 19 percent. The product portfolio was extended further with a number of high-quality network video products. All of the new products support HDTV quality video and the H.264 compression standard. During the second quarter, Axis continued its expansion and a high rate of recruitment took place. The number of employees increased by 64 and amounted to 850 at the end of the period."