Tamron exhibits the DF004, a high zoom varifocal lens, at ASIS 2008
The DF004 high-zoom varifocal lens will be part of the broad range of lenses exhibited by Tamron at ASIS International 2008. Visitors to the Tamron booth will be able to learn about the use of surveillance lenses and how to find the best lens solution for their needs.
As a result of increasing concern for crime prevention, surveillance cameras are constantly being installed in new and unique locations. This has brought about a growing demand for integrated camera units, particularly mini dome cameras, which can be installed inconspicuously so they don't impart the overbearing feeling that surveillance cameras can sometimes give, and blend in nicely with the surroundings.
Tamron has responded to this growing demand by developing a high zoom ratio varifocal lens which is ideally suited for use with mini dome cameras. As a lens that can be paired with many popular kinds of mini dome cameras, it offers a high level and wide range of surveillance capabilities.
Key features include:
- Extended wide and telephoto limits - covers a range of 2.8 to 10.5 mm; at the wide end this offers a horizontal field of view of approximately 100 degrees
- Large, bright maximum aperture of F1.2
- Compact design - 14mm mount diameter
- Can be accommodated within a 3-inch mini dome camera
- Utilises aspherical lens elements - performs well as a lens for mounting on an integrated mini dome camera
- Flange back adjustment mechanism is included
- Designed as an environmentally sensitive product
|Manufacturer||Tamron Co., Ltd.|
|Lens Format inches||1/3|
|Focal Length mm||2.8 ~ 10.5|
|IR Corrected (Aspherical)||Yes|
|Angle (Field) of View o||Wide: 99.5 X 73.2 / Tele: 27.4 X 20.6|
High zoom ratio built-in varifocal lens for 1/3"-format CCDs. Focus range: 0.3m - ∞. Flange back adjustment mechanism included. Horizontal field of view: 100 degrees. Mount: φ14mm.
|Download PDF version|