Tamron exhibited their broad line of well-received lenses at ISC West 2008
Tamron Co., Ltd. has developed two new F/1.4, 4-12 mm Vari-Focal lenses that are compatible with 1/2"-format megapixel-resolution cameras.
The development concept
The concept was to develop 1/2"-format lenses in the high-resolution Vari-Focal Lens series compatible with megapixel-resolution cameras. These lenses will take full advantage of the performance of high-resolution cameras and offer the resolving power required for true high-precision surveillance.
As is the case with the previously announced high-resolution lenses compatible with 1/3"-format megapixel-resolution cameras, these lenses are suited for high image quality surveillance, and can be used for a wide variety of applications.
High image-quality lenses that make the best possible use of the performance offered by megapixel-resolution cameras
- Using revolutionary optical design technologies, these lenses offer uniform high resolution and high contrast across the entire image - from the centre to the periphery. Of special note is the fact that resolving power at the periphery is about twice that of earlier models.
- In addition to reducing aberration through the use of aspherical lens elements and working to further improve image quality, Tamron's design has also succeeded in making these lenses more compact.
- Tamron's proprietary multi-layer coating has been utilized to reduce levels of ghosting and flare.
Lens designed for compatibility with 1/2"-format CCDs
- In a market characterized by a widening range of CCD sizes, these lenses have been designed to be compatible with 1/2"-format CCDs, so they can be used with cameras featuring larger imagers.
- By widening the focal length to 4 mm, wider than the 6 mm wide end that is usual for 1/2"-format lenses, these lenses offer a horizontal viewing angle of over 90 degrees.
High precision, high quality construction results in the highest possible performance
- Each and every part used in these lenses was manufactured with the aim of enhancing precision, and top quality production technologies were used. Strict controls were used to eliminate image degradation caused by structural problems, such as focal point shift and poor focus in part of the image.
Environmentally sensitive design
- Even electrical parts are lead free, and the design is in compliance with the RoHS directive.
|Manufacturer||Tamron Co., Ltd.|
|Lens Format inches||1/2|
|Focal Length mm||4 ~ 12|
|Iris Type||Manual Iris|
|IR Corrected (Aspherical)||Yes|
|F-Stop||1.4 ~ close|
|Angle (Field) of View o||93.7 x 68.9|
|Minimum Object Distance m||0.3|
Dimensions mm: 40 (Dia) x 50.31
Weight g: 68
|Electrical Specifications||Voltage: Open 3.0V, close 0.5 V|
|Environmental Specifications||Operating Temperature oC: -20 ~ +60|
|Additional info||Aperture range 1.2 ~ 360.|
|Download PDF version|