Everything we do today is done through a single ‘tap’ on our mobile devices. With this single ‘tap’ we can share things on social media, check our health status, communicate with others and so on and so forth. A similar trend can be seen with access control, which first started with RFID cards, before moving into biometrics – and we can now see the dawn of mobile credentials for access control.
QR Code based Identification
Matrix’s ‘Your Mobile is Your Identity’ technology offers QR Code based Identification for opening doors simply by scanning the QR code from an authorised mobile phone through the COSEC APTA App. It is a simple process of authentication that offers user convenience while increasing the overall security of an organisation at the same time.
Firstly, the user scans the QR Code given by the door using the COSEC APTA application from a mobile phone registered with the COSEC CENTRA server. The camera will start by twisting a mobile phone or opening it from the COSEC APTA application. The COSEC APTA sends user event to the COSEC ARC door controller for user access verification. Upon verification, the COSEC ARC door controller opens the door lock connected to its relay port.
The solution is a simple process of authentication that offers user convenience while increasing the overall security of an organisation
- When door controllers are difficult to install by the door
- Installing door controllers on glass doors may cause the glass to break. QR Codes can be stuck on the glass and the COSEC ARC can be mounted on a din-rail above the door
- This solution eliminates reader costs, as well as door controller costs
- Corporates: Easy to install for glass doors and office chambers
- Healthcare: Being a contactless technology, the solution prevents hygiene issues
- BFSI: End to end encryption increases the overall security
- Manufacturing: 100% user identification, irrespective of fingerprint quality