Security Directors can now effortlessly install, upgrade and configure their Symmetry Security Management System, providing a more safe and secure environment for employees and visitors with AMAG Technology’s new version 9 release of Symmetry Access Control Software. The Symmetry V9 software is streamlined to be more efficient and dramatically reduce setup time. With a new built-in installation tool, the new version of software simply overwrites the older version, maintaining database integrity and ensuring a smooth upgrade process.
“Symmetry V9 software now aligns with AMAG’s newly configured product portfolio allowing for simple and automatic upgrades,” said AMAG Technology Product Manager, Andy Goodwin. “The expedient process improves efficiency, provides more security and delivers several new customer-driven enhancements to improve performance and increase safety.”
Symmetry V9 includes many new and enhanced features to help users mitigate risk:
- Setting all access cards to a specific anti-passback zone to enforce access control policies.
- Integration with Symmetry CONNECT identity management to manage visitors.
- Configuring individual functional exemptions.
- Modifying card holder records across all user groups using the data connect module to improve security and efficiency throughout an organisation.
- Raising intrusion duress alarms when arming and disarming within Symmetry Intrusion. Areas can be automatically armed when associated or connected areas are armed.
- Allowing authorised card holders to toggle between normal door behaviour and permanently open behaviour at the door itself using a credential.
Symmetry V9’s integration with CompleteView video management now leverages FFMPEG as the industry’s leading media framework
Improving video processing performance
Symmetry V9’s integration with Symmetry CompleteView video management now leverages FFMPEG (Fast Forward Motion Picture Experts Group) as the industry’s leading media framework, which improves video processing performance and image quality and a bulk camera configuration option. Cameras are assignable per workstation, and security personnel can record, replay and control viewed video, providing more flexibility and increased response time.
AMAG Technology is an access control, video management, identity management, visitor management and intrusion management unified solution provider that helps companies mitigate risk, enforce compliance and save money.