D-Link introduces its HD fixed dome Day & Night network camera
The D-Link DCS-6511 is a High-Definition fixed dome Day & Night network IP camera, ideal for small-to medium business applications and remote monitoring over the Internet. With built-in IR LEDs, a low lux CMOS sensor, ICR technology and audio support packed in a robust vandal-proof outdoor housing, this camera delivers clear and sharp megapixel images under any lighting conditions, including complete darkness.
High quality video streams
To maximise bandwidth efficiency and improve image quality, the DCS-6511 provides real-time video compression using the MJPEG, MPEG-4 and H.264 codecs. Furthermore, the DCS-6511 supports 3 separate profiles for simultaneous video streaming and is capable of recording in MJPEG, MPEG-4 and H.264 compression at 1.3 megapixel resolution. This kind of versatility enables a wide variety of security applications, such as watching live video through a 3GPP enabled mobile device, or recording to a Network Storage device in high quality while monitoring the same images at lower resolutions.
The DCS-6511 supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) connectivity for discreet installation in virtually any indoor or outdoor location. The camera's built-in 802.3af compliant PoE module eases the installation process by reducing the need to drill holes or lay additional cabling. In addition, the 10/100BASE-TX Ethernet port seamlessly connects to a local network or to the Internet via a router.
Removable IR-Cut filter and Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology
The DCS-5611 comes with a ICR Filter that can be manually applied via the web, or set to automatically adjust based on lightning conditions. This feature allows the camera to capture crisp color images during the daytime, and grayscale images in low-light conditions. The WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) allows for the camera to produce clear images even in the most adverse backlight conditions.
Centralised management with D-ViewCam™
The included D-Link D-ViewCam™ is a sophisticated video management software which enables you to manage up to 32 network cameras, set e-mail alert notifications, create recording schedules, and trigger motion detection to record directly to your hard drive or network folder. D ViewCam™ also allows you to upload a floor plan of your premises, and create a realistic layout according to the locations of your cameras, further simplifying the management process.
- HD resolution: 1280 x 1024 (Megapixel)
- Simultaneous streaming in MJPEG, MPEG-4 and H.264 compression
- IP-66 certified weatherproof housing, with built-in heater and fan
- Vandal-proof dome (IK-10 certified)
- Motorised varifocal autofocus lens
- PoE powered - no need for a separate power supply
- Built-in IR LEDs for Day&Night operation
- Built-in IR-Cut Removable (ICR) filter, for enhanced colour rendering in the day and good results in low light conditions
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology, for clear images in strong backlight
- Hardware-based motion detection with weekly scheduler
- 3GPP support - watch live video from a compatible smartphone
- Digital I/O support for sensors and alarms
- D-ViewCam monitoring software included (support for up to 32 cameras)
|Chip Inch Size||1/3|
|Resolution TVL||1280 x 1024|
|Electrical Specifications||Voltage: 12 V DC|
|Focal length||3.3 ~ 12|
|S/ N (Signal/ Noise) Ratio dB||100|
|Network Properties||Network Protocols: IPv4, DHCP, ARP, DNS, TCP/IP, DDNS (D-Link), HTTP|
Operating Temp oC: -40 ~ +50
Operating Humidity %: 20 ~ 80
Protection: IP 66
|Additional info||*HTTPS, UPnP™ Port Forwarding, Samba, SMTP, PPPoE, NTP (D-Link), FTP, RTP, RTSP, UDP, RTCP, ICMP, 3GPP.|
|Download PDF version|