MilSim Asia greeted 367 attendees on 17-18 January 2017 to the Marina Bay Sands, Singapore. The two day conference fulfilled the requirements of a military simulation, training and education event in Asia.
The conference addressed the theme “Military Training for an Evolving Technological and Geopolitical Landscape”. Day one of the conference featured sessions examining the strategic context for today’s military, cyber security and training for warfare in the information age. Day two of the conference featured presentations about simulating emotional response, modelling and simulation and LVE approach.
There was an increase of 50% to the previous year of delegates that had a military background, and they were delighted to welcome 10 VIPs representing the core sector groups of Land, Sea, Air, Security and Medical, including senior representatives of multinational organisations such as the Defence Technology Institute. These military and civil service experts covered the core areas of War Gaming, Research and Concept Development, Medical Training, Air Planning, Maritime Training and Doctrine Development, Defence Acquisition and Logistics, Defence Procurement, Modelling and Simulation, Innovation, and Military Technical Training and Education.
MilSim Asia contributors
In total 27 countries were represented including USA, Germany, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, the UK and Singapore; which brought an international dimension to the event.
Leading contributors to the event were:
- Colonel Kam Yean Kong, Head, Training and Simulation Group, Singapore Armed Forces
- Rear Admiral Tatsuya Futakawa, Vice President, JMSDF Command and Staff College
- Brigadier Mick Ryan, Director General, Training and Doctrine, Forces Command, Australian Army
- Rear Admiral Donald Gabrielson, Commander, COLOG, Taskforce 73, United States Navy
- Lieutenant Colonel Ahmad Ghazali Abu Hassan, Director, Centre for Defence and
- International Security Studies (CDISS), National Defence University of Malaysia (NDUM)
Alongside the acclaimed conference, MilSim Asia offered a boutique exhibition with fifteen exhibitors and sponsors, including Rheinmetall (Associate Partner) and Bohemia Interactive (Silver Sponsor).
"MilSim Asia had very knowledgeable speakers who explained advanced technology in easy ways"
Well organised event
“MilSim Asia had very knowledgeable speakers who explained advanced technology in easy ways. Experienced speakers, well explained and well organised!” Mr Satiah Kumar, Manager, Sovereign Security Services.
- 88% of visitors satisfied/very satisfied
- 84% of visitors said they will come back in 2018
- 85% of visitors claim MilSim Asia is important to attend
- 93% of visitors recommend MilSim Asia to a colleague
- 89% of conference delegates rated the conference as good/very good
MilSim Asia 2018 and ITEC 2017
MilSim Asia 2018 is set to run in the same location, at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, in January, with dates to be confirmed soon. MilSim Asia’s sister event ITEC will take place at Ahoy, Rotterdam from 16th – 18th May 2017. ITEC is an annual forum for representatives from the military, industry and academia to connect and share knowledge with the international training, education and simulation sectors. The conference will address the theme “Innovation through Collaboration in Military Training and Education: Focusing Efforts, Harvesting Success”.