Matrox Graphics announces its new line of IP KVM products, Matrox Extio 3 Series, featuring both quad- (Extio N3408) and dual-video (Extio N3208) models.
To be featured at the Matrox booth (#1973) at InfoComm 2017, Extio 3 sets a new industry standard by securely extending a single 4Kp60 4:4:4 video signal—or four 1080p60 4:4:4 signals—along with keyboard, mouse, stereo audio, and USB 2.0 over standard gigabit Ethernet at unprecedentedly low bit rates.
Extio 3 IP KVM
Extio 3 IP KVM products deliver exceptional remote desktop performance and, when combined with standard GigE network switches, create a cost-effective over-IP extension, and switching solution, allowing users to securely and instantly switch to any system on the KVM network. Designed to optimise collaboration, Extio 3 provides a secondary H.264 proxy video stream, compatible with H.264 software and hardware decoders, enabling users to view a selected desktop on mobile devices, record it to a network attached storage or to display it on a video wall.
“Matrox Extio 3's unique design leverages the most widely deployed Ethernet infrastructure to securely remote high-performance workstations” said Caroline Injoyan, business development manager, Matrox Graphics. “The availability of the proxy stream will enable customers to easily move information over the network—beyond the control room—Extio 3 is more than just KVM, it’s a collaboration hub.”
Extio 3 provides the operational flexibility required for use in industrial automation and process control, healthcare, transportation, defense, government, broadcast, and production industries and applications. Configurable as a point-to-point or networked KVM, it allows the centralising of hardware in climate-controlled server rooms, increasing security, protecting against environmental hazards, and reducing system noise and heat emissions.
Extio 3 is an IP KVM solution for ultra-high resolution and multi-display applications, providing exceptional remote performance over 1GigE networks at low bitrates.
- Extends multi-display video, keyboard, mouse, USB2.0 and stereo analogue audio over Gigabit Ethernet
- Supports up to 4Kp60 (3840x2160 @60Hz 4:4:4)
- Supports up to quad 1080p60 (920x1080 @60Hz 4:4:4)
- Features an RJ45 network port and offers an optional SFP multimode or single-mode upgrade
- Allows configuration, management, and monitoring of all Extio 3 devices from a central location on the network via Extio Central Manager software
- Enables local control of settings from any Extio 3 appliance through its on-screen-display (OSD) to easily switch and connect to systems
- Creates scalable KVM matrix-routing with standard Gigabit Ethernet network switches
- Supports one-to-one, many-to-one, or many-to-many configurations
- Provides a secondary proxy stream for recording a selected desktop on a network storage device, sharing it with mobile devices or a video wall
- Enhances KVM security with the option to encrypt AV signals and protect the transmitted desktop content
Extio 3 will be on display at InfoComm 2017 (Booth: 1973).