Tamron Co., Ltd., Saitama, Japan, an integrated optics manufacturer and leader in the security / surveillance equipment industry, announces the release of a CS-mount Vari-Focal lens supporting 5-mega-pixel resolution and NIR bandwidth with three iris options: Manual Iris / DC Auto Iris / P-Iris (Model: M118VM413IRCS / M118VG413IRCS / M118VP413IRCS).
In the security market, demand for outdoor surveillance is getting increasingly strong, notably at such locations as city streets and public facilities. Recent cameras deployed in the surveillance applications have a specific technical requirement: in addition to a significant increase in the pixel counts, an enhancement of the lens sensitivity is requested for imaging detectors, which are shifting to a larger device size. Lenses that meet the requirement are in strong demand in the security market.
To address the growing need in the surveillance market, Tamron announces the release of a 1/1.8" 4-13mm F/1.5 CS-mount Vari-Focal lens for 5-mega-pixel high-resolution and high-sensitivity large-size imaging detectors, compatible with an NIR bandwidth imaging feature. The lens unleashes a new distinct market value that delivers both high resolution and high sensitivity, enhancing surveillance performance to an unprecedented level.
1. Lens designed with high-grade specification for high pixel-count cameras
- A CS-mount lens compatible with the industry-leading 5-mega-pixel resolution.
- Accommodates the industry-standard 1/1.8" high-resolution, high-sensitivity large-size imaging detectors.
- Superb image quality assured by a fast aperture of F/1.5.
2. Optical design optimised for day-and-night surveillance
- Accommodates mega-pixel resolution in the visual as well as in the NIR bandwidth.
- Minimises image-quality degradation in the night-time surveillance.
3. Extra-wide-angle Vari-Focal lens
- Assures coverage from a wide angle (115.8°) to a medium telephoto (35.9°)(aspect ratio: 16:9).
4. Compact and high-performance lens
- Integrates a new iris control mechanism, achieving compactness without any sacrifice in performance.