|SAFE transforms a security department |
from a reactive entity into a proactive
Quantum Secure, part of HID Global, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, is launching a comprehensive new universal user experience and adding new functionality to its industry-leading SAFE Predictive Security Software. These significant enhancements, announced today at ASIS 2015, demonstrate new benchmarks for SAFE’s robust predictive analysis and visitor management capabilities, and expand the potential applications for the company’s PIAM solutions (Physical Identity and Access Management).
“With its ability to ‘connect the dots’ between identities and security systems to identify potential risk and derive actionable intelligence, predictive analysis transforms the security department from a reactive entity into a proactive strategic partner that plays an integral role in an organisation’s business and growth,” said Ajay Jain, President and CEO, Quantum Secure. “With these new enhancements, the SAFE software has stronger predictive analysis capabilities than ever before. At the same time, the new user interfaces for staff and visitors deliver a higher level of clarity, utility and efficiency that makes it easier than ever to deploy such a feature-rich system.”
New user interfaces
The most visible updates to SAFE are the new user interfaces that are designed to speed up the processing of visitors and provide new “self-service” options in line with current business trends. The new functionality leverages current secure networking technology and is compatible with kiosks and visitor stations, as well as other computers already in use, and includes:
- Streamlined services for internal departmental users, with easy processes for inviting visitors, requesting access to restricted areas, and managing access to such areas.
- New services for security end users allowing them to easily find and request the access that they need.
- New services for security partners letting them quickly approve access to their areas.
- Improved services for internal audits and maintenance that show the essential decision-making information in context. For example, current policy is used to automatically pre-sort access permissions into ‘retain’ and ‘remove’ groups for efficient decisions and action.
- A single universal screen to support visitor check-in that lets managers quickly know who is waiting in the lobby, who is in the building, and who has departed.
- Kiosk functionality that updates the system status, alerts hosts that visitors have arrived, and keeps busy lobbies running smoothly.
New predictive reports and dashboards for identifying behavior anomalies have been added to further strengthen SAFE’s predictive analytics and reporting ability, including:
- Access Violations: Uses visually intuitive heat maps to provide a comprehensive view of multi-dimensional relationships between identities, their associated access rights and access violations.
- Behavioral Anomalies: Helps determine the trajectory of the identity as they traverse a facility to perform in-depth investigation if a breach is discovered.
- Access Forensics: Captures detailed logs of all aspects of an identity to help narrow down the list of suspects in the case of events reported in different areas at different times
Package Management and Monitoring Agent
SAFE’s visitor management capabilities have also been enhanced with Package Management, which allows packages to be securely tracked and delivered to recipients within a facility; enhanced customer convenience using SAFE visitor kiosks; support for soundex match criteria for improved security while conducting visitor background checks; support for QR code generation and email embedding; and the ability for hosts to include other personnel and contractors while creating visitor invitations.
Another new feature of note is the SAFE Monitoring Agent, which tracks system performance and reports potentially critical issues. Developed as an independent and secure component, SAFE Monitoring Agent is used for detecting and/or monitoring system- or data-related issues and notifying appropriate individuals about critical errors that could impact the ability for SAFE to operate at optimal levels. The updated platform also offers bulk update capabilities, which allow personnel to update access area and zone properties in bulk, as well as suspension profiles that remove access levels of personnel when certain conditions are met. Users can also utilise a new feature to merge two identity records into a single entity for reconciliation purposes.