Iris ID Systems Inc., formerly LG Electronics, Iris Technology Division, a leading provider of iris biometric technology, announced the introduction of its new IrisAccess® iCAM 7000 Series iris recognition cameras.
The new units are plug-compatible replacements for the widely used iCAM 4000 and offer significantly more features, applications, and integration flexibility than previous models. In making the announcement, Charles Koo, President and CEO, Iris ID Systems Inc, said, "Based on our field-proven IrisAccess® systems, the world's most advanced and deployed iris recognition platform, the new cameras are designed to meet the diverse needs for speed, accuracy, and value in today's demanding biometric identification environment and continue to set the industry standard for iris recognition technology."
The IrisAccess® 7000 Series has features no other iris system offers, according to Koo. An auto-focus lens-enabled iris acquisition process ensures rapid, high quality iris image capture for enrollment and recognition, and a motor-driven targeting aid is part of an intuitive and interactive interface that also includes customisable voice prompts and visual feedback. All models feature the robust Iris ID countermeasure package experts agree sets the standard in the industry. The iCAM 7000 series devices will be ready for shipment before end of second quarter 2011. New iCAM 7000 series to provide seamless integration into legacy and future systems.
- Fully automatic dual iris and face capture
- Comfortable non-intrusive user interface
- Integrated high resolution face capture camera
- Optional integrated contactless smart card reader
- Wiegand input and output easily integrates to PACS systems
- Backwards compatible with 4000 series systems
- Time and attendance ready
- Standalone door access capability
- Flush or recess mounting
The IrisAccess® iCAM 7100 Series expands the capabilities of the basic iCAM7000 model to deliver a wider range of uses for either a single biometric identification solution or multi-factor solutions. Additional features of the iCAM 7100 model include:
- Integrated 4.3" LCD touch screen programmable to support multiple vertical applications
- Pin PAD
- 6 customisable function keys Integrated contactless smart card reader supports multiple credentials, including proximity, magnetic strip, bar code, iClass or MIFARE / DESFire
Kanty Riarh, CEO of RBH Access Technology Inc., welcomed news of the new IrisAccess® iCAM 7000 Series, commenting, "This versatile and easily-integrated new series is an important contribution to RBH's access control group and our continuing relationship with Iris ID Systems. These units offer the maximum protection, versatility, simple operation, and cost efficiency that we need in our access control systems."