Hirsch Verification Station, model RUU
Hirsch Verification Station - General Purpose (model RUU-GEN)
The market's only high-security, multipurpose biometric edge reader. The RUU delivers extraordinary versatility:
- Verify identity, at card issuance or at ID check station.
- Control access, door/gate, etc.
- Enrol biometric template, encode smart cards, and manage users and devices.
- Populate the access control system with card data.
- 12 mode choices: finger-only, finger+code, finger+code+contact-card, finger+code+contactless card, etc. Mode can be changed in seconds via RUU keypad or admin software.
- 2 card interface choices: contact or contactless; industry standard smart cards (MIFARE, DESfire).
- 2 implementation choices: standalone, networked.
- 2 networking choices: TCP/IP, RS-485.
- 2 additional port options: RS-285, Wiegand.
- 3 power choices: Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), terminal block, 110-220V wall socket.
- Four authentication factors: card, code, fingerprint, PKI certificate check. RUU (if configured for such) will validate PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) certificate by contacting a Certificate Authority.
- High-end fingerprint technology: INCITS 378-2004 interoperable minutiae algorithm.
- Scrambling numeric keypad.
The unit is IP addressable and can communicate with identity management systems (IDMS), card management systems (CMS), access control systems, and PKI certificate authorities.
Winner of U.S. Security Industry Association's Special Achievement Award for outstanding technical innovation.
The Verification Station is part of Hirsch's integrated, end-to-end solution for identity management and regulatory compliance.
|Manufacturer||Hirsch / IDENTIVE|
|Standalone/ Networkable||Standalone / Networkable|
|Mount Type||Wall mount|
|Read Range mm||250 mm read range|
|LED / Beep||LED|
Voltage: 15 ~ 60 V DC
Power Consumption: 300 mA @ 24 V DC, PoE
Dimensions mm: 215 x 240 x 118
Weight g: 900
Operating Temp oC: 0 ~ 55
Operating Humidity %: 0 ~ 90
PKI Option. Protected PIN. LAN Port: Ethernet TCP/IP (10/100). Serial Ports: RS-232, RS-485. Wiegand Port: 75 bit with parity standard (user programmable up to 128 bits). Durable ABS housing. Reads contact or contactless MIFARE or DESfire smart cards.
Biometric Fingerprint Reader:
Contact Smart Card Reader: ISO 7816
Contactless Smart Card Reader: ISO 14443-A, B
Includes CD with configuration software.
|Download PDF version Download PDF version|
More Hirsch Electronics Access control readers
You might be interested in these products
5 reasons to integrate mobile technology into your security solution
11 considerations for embedded system RFID readers
RFID and smartphone readers in physical access control