|The SAFE for Airports suite allows the Aspen/Pitkin Airport to future-proof their physical security infrastructure|
Quantum Secure, the leading provider of enterprise software to manage and streamline security identities, compliance and events across disparate physical security systems, announced that its SAFE for Airports solution has been chosen by the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport as its physical access and identity management solution. The SAFE for Airports solution will streamline access assignment and management, automate key physical security policies, simplify badging operations and improve tracking/reporting throughout the airport.
Aspen/Pitkin County Airport is a 44,000 square foot single-floor terminal facility, including six rental car operations, a year-round guest services operation, a restaurant and gift shop concessions. With a largely seasonal employee base and a small airport badging staff, the airport needed a flexible, automated badging system for the enrolment, verification and processing of personnel gaining temporary or long-term access to the airport.
With the Quantum Secure SAFE for Airports solution, the airport will get a new badging and enrolment system which will allow for secure badges or credentials to be easily issued and renewed while automatically enforcing the business rules and controls of the badging office and the regulations and security directives issued by the TSAand other airport related regulatory authorities.
SAFE for Airports solution is a commercial off-the-shelf solution designed to handle the complexities of physical identity and access control in airports
The Quantum Secure SAFE for Airports solution provides a supervisory management system to transform and automate manual workflows and processes, enabling airport authorities to manage facility access of users and groups through role-based access control. This results into streamlined security operations with huge reductions in operating costs.
Based on policies and business rules, the SAFE for Airports solution is a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution designed to handle the complexities of physical identity and access management in airports. It offers an integrated enrolment, restricted area access provisioning (for example airside vehicle area, parking structures) and integrated badging engine, along with a framework to integrate siloed systems (such as no-fly list, physical access control systems, and biometric systems) and processes.
"We are extremely excited about the improvements Quantum Secure's SAFE for Airports solution will bring to our credentialing and badging process," said David Ulane, Assistant Aviation Director for the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport. "With our small badging staff and large badge population, SAFE will increase our internal efficiency while greatly improving the credential issuing process for our users and tenants."
For the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport, the SAFE for Airports suite is delivering the following functionality improvements:
- Simplified provisioning of all personnel into their airport identity management system for everyone who needs physical access, including contractors, temporary workers and other third parties
- Seamless integration of disparate biometric devices (signature, fingerprint, digital photo capture devices) into one user interface for personnel enrolment
- Incorporation of Biometric Airport Security Identification Consortium (BASIC) practices used for background checks submission and verification before provisioning badges
- Manage the issuance of pre-encoded proximity cards for different types of badge layouts defined for SIDA, Sterile, AOA, GA and Parking templates
- Integration with centralised billing system, automating the billing with airport terminal vendors
- Provide central repository for capturing, storing and managing documents (scanned copies of forms, passports, driver license, insurance, etc.)
- Manage airport infractions tracked to each identity, enabling a policy driven approach to the enforcement of tickets and management of related points
Additionally, the SAFE for Airports suite allows the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport to future-proof their physical security infrastructure, providing the ability to incorporate additional biometric readers with ease and support the potential future use of various smart card technologies.
"The SAFE for Airports suite is ideal for airports of all sizes looking to streamline their badging operations and ensure compliance with the latest TSA regulations," said Ajay Jain, President and CEO of Quantum Secure. "With a centralised, automated approach to the entire identity management lifecycle, airports can future-proof their physical security infrastructure and realise incredible cost reductions."