Honeywell spotlighted IP security at IFSEC 2008
Honeywell focussed on integrated, IP-based security systems at IFSEC 2008. The company showcased a range of security products and solutions including its new EQUIP™ Series IP camera family, ACUIX™ PTZ dome camera; Active Alert® video analytics suite; FUSION Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) software; Pro-Watch security management software and SmartPlus® Imprivata® Connector. In addition, Honeywell promoted its Partner of Choice programme, which is designed to help systems integrators and installer companies leverage increasing public interest in digital and IP-based security.
The products and solutions that took centre stage on the Honeywell Security stand this year were:
- EQUIP Series of IP cameras: Adopting the look of Honeywell's successful analogue camera line, the EQUIP Series is a new family of IP-enabled professional cameras. The range includes indoor and outdoor pendant models, day/night body cameras and even a vandal resistant mini-dome.
- Crowning the EQUIP line is the new ACUIX PTZ dome camera, which features quick installation and set-up time. The model provides superior images, faster response to events and tighter integration with Honeywell DVRs, DVM and intrusion devices. The ACUIX dome features True Day/Night, 35X zoom lens, Wide Dynamic Range for difficult lighting situations and Electronic Image Stabilisation for improved image quality in unstable mounting situations.
- Pro-Watch security management software: Aimed at enterprises of all sizes, Pro-Watch management software incorporates access control, alarm monitoring, video badging and CCTV system interfaces. The solution's wizards, shortcuts, and templates make it easy to install and use. There are three editions of Pro-Watch - Enterprise, Corporate and Professional - which serve to meet a variety of security needs.
- SmartPlus Imprivata Connector: Designed for use with Honeywell's Pro-Watch system, the SmartPlus Imprivata uses OneSign™ Physical/Logical to provide a single point of authentication. It closes security gaps that exist when physical access control and IT network authentication systems live in self-contained silos.
- Active Alert video analytics suite: Designed to increase the efficiency of CCTV systems, the Active Alert suite automatically detects, analyses and classifies the behaviours of individuals and vehicles as they move through a scene, providing real-time alarms and search tools that enhance manned and unmanned video surveillance systems. Active Alert also enables historic scene activity to be retrieved instantly for analysis.
- Fusion ANPR software: The Fusion ANPR system logs vehicles and their plate numbers in an application-rich database. It enables the cost-effective detection, classification and retrieval of vehicle number plates in critical applications and is ideal for security and access control operations in environments including law enforcement, traffic control, car park management and access control, airports, hotels, city centre CCTV, ports of entry and military bases.
Partner of Choice Systems Integrator Programme in the spotlight
The new generation of Honeywell products showcased at IFSEC will generate significant new business opportunities for the company's security installers and integrators across Europe. Honeywell's Partner of Choice Systems Integrator programme is designed to help its installers and integrators leverage public interest in digital and IP security systems through the delivery of comprehensive product and sales training and a wide array of useful sales and marketing tools.
"We want to pass along knowledge that will make our customers more successful in selling digital security," said Vineet Nargolwala, General Manager EMEA, Honeywell Systems Group. "The security landscape is changing; it's moving from analogue to digital - and fast. We have the solutions and training programmes in place now to enable systems integrators and installers to benefit immediately from the increasing interest."
For more information visit www.honeywell.com/security/uk
|Model code||Active Alert|
|Software Type||Detection Software|
Intelligent video analytics. Capable of tracking up to 20 objects per camera and automatically alarming on more than 35 different events, incidents and behaviours. Data mining capabilities enable end users to spot trends and modify operations to maximise security. Real-time alarms: local voice/visual notification, relay closure for integration with alarm panels, e-mail, mobile phone text messages and Remote Network Client. Can be used as a standalone solution or in conjunction with a compatible recording system with local and remote management capabilities. Intuitive user interface.
|Download PDF version|
More Honeywell Security CCTV software
You might be interested in these products
Automatic vehicle identification: State of the industry 2020
H.265 High Efficiency Coding: Video compression for security applications
Five things to consider for AI with video technology
Nine ways to make your retail security system work harderDownload
Connected Technologies and Digital Watchdog unveil new software integrations to help dealers and customers
Honeywell Xtralis VCA suite of security software is available for licensing by third parties to improve analytic capabilities