Experience the latest innovations from the market leader in network video
The AXIS 212 PTZ is no ordinary PTZ. It’s the only PTZ network camera that provides full overview, and instant, one-click pan/tilt/zoom - with maintained sharp image resolution. And it’s all done without moving parts, so there’s no wear and tear. In short, it’s a whole new definition of PTZ.
The AXIS 212 PTZ Network Camera provides overview images of the entire monitored area, as well as instant one-click pan/tilt/zoom control for a close-up view, offering excellent and precise indoor surveillance. With no moving parts exposed to regular wear and tear, this camera is ideal for automatic patrolling and also provides effective protection against tampering as no parts can be forcibly moved.
The built-in two-way audio support enables remote users to not only view, but also listen in on an area and communicate orders or requests to visitors or intruders, thereby increasing the monitoring options. Built-in Power over Ethernet enables power to be delivered to the AXIS 212 PTZ via the network, consolidating power for higher reliability as well as reducing cabling requirements and installation costs.
The AXIS 212 PTZ comes with a comprehensive set of network security features such as multi-level password protection, IP address filtering and HTTPS encryption. This compact and discreet camera is ideal for monitoring shops, receptions and other facilities where you need an overview and possibility to zoom in for detailed inspections.
- Pan Tilt and Zoom without moving parts. No moving parts means a reliability that is way ahead of competitors’ mechanical PTZ.
- Tamper-resistant design, effectively protecting against tampering. Compared to other PTZ camera offerings, our design is significantly better at effectively protecting against tampering, since there are no moving parts that can be moved by force.
- Very compact design. Many network PTZ camera offerings are based on an analog solution with the addition of a network interface, which results in significantly larger dimensions.
- One click instant zoom. From the overview image a security officer can zoom in 3 times on an object by just clicking on the object.
- Performance – 30 frames per second in VGA resolution. Many competitor cameras (e.g. Sony and Panasonic) still only offer 30 fps in QVGA resolution.
- Superior image quality with progressive scan 3 Megapixel CMOS sensor and advanced signal processing. AXIS 212 PTZ have over sampling giving the best possible image. See more about over sampling in the sales presentation.
- Capability of simultaneous MPEG-4 and Motion JPEG. Most competitors only offer either Motion JPEG or MPEG-4. Sony has both, but not simultaneously.
- Audio detection alarm. The AXIS 212 PTZ is capable of sending an alarm at a configurable audio detection level.
- Advanced network security and management capabilities. Their offerings include IP address filtering and HTTPS encryption for network security, and SNMP support, as well as the freely available AXIS Camera Management tool, for facilitating network management.
- Extremely fast Pan, Tilt and Zoom. Since there is no movement in the lens system the camera changes the field of view over 1 frame.
- Due to the lens-design it looks as if the camera always look at you and follow you when you move.
- Powerful Application Programming Interface AXIS VAPIX (API), facilitating developers in building applications for our products, and the widest available range of 3rd party applications. Our API and ADP partner program constitutes strong success factors for us.
|Model code||AXIS 212 PTZ|
|Chip Inch Size||1/2|
|Resolution||640 x 480|
Voltage: 5.1 V DC
Power Consumption: 3.6 W
|Focal Length mm||2.7|
|Mount Type||Wall, Ceiling|
|Wide Dynamic Range||Yes|
|Picture Elements HxV||640 x 480|
Image Frame Rate: 30 fps
Interface: 10/100baseT Ethernet, RJ45
Network Protocols: TCP, ICMP, ARP, RTSP, RTP, RTCP, UDP, IGMP, DHCP *
|Back Light Compensation||Yes|
|Auto Gain Control||Yes|
|Electronic Shutter Range||1/5 ~ 1/10,000|
|Compression Type||JPEG, MPEG-4|
Dimensions mm: 78 x 144 x 132
Weight g: 504
Protection: Tamper Resistant
Operating Temperature oC: 5 ~ 40
Operating Humidity %: 20 ~ 80
Operating System: Win XP, 2K
Web Browser: IE 6 or better
Hardware and System related properties: PIII 500 MHz, 128Mb RAM
AXIS 212 PTZ Network Camera is an instant one-click pan/tilt/zoom camera featuring a 3 Megapixel sensor and wide-angle lens, providing VGA resolution. Without any moving parts, this camera offers guard tour functionality without wear and tear. Built-in Power over Ethernet support implies reduced cabling and installation costs as well as consolidated power for higher reliability.
*) IPv4 / 6, QoS
|Download PDF version|
More Axis Communications IP cameras
See comparison of Axis Communications AXIS 212 PTZ with similar Axis Communications IP cameras
Compare Axis Communications AXIS 212 PTZ with IP cameras from other manufacturers
Axis offers store optimisation and loss prevention solutions for retail sector with fully integrated Cognimatics applications