Kogniz, a California-based technology company, announced the introduction of the company’s first product, AICam. The technology offers businesses fully artificial intelligence surveillance cameras that identifies people and threats in real-time, using video-based facial recognition and object detection.
“In business environments, surveillance requires identifying problematic people and situations in real time, something humans aren’t good at. Kogniz leverages computer vision, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to identify people and threats in real-time with extraordinary accuracy,” said Daniel Putterman, Co-CEO and Head of Business for Kogniz.
AICam is based on the Kogniz Edge Platform, a unique combination of advanced camera processing and cloud services
Kogniz Edge Platform
AICam is based on the Kogniz Edge Platform, a unique combination of advanced camera processing and cloud services. This architecture allows cameras to be added on-demand without any additional hardware or infrastructure, with multiple cameras working in unison to provide cross-location people identification and recognition.
“While we have seen high innovation from companies such as Nest and Ring in the consumer realm, there has been a lack of breakthrough technology and products for enterprise,” added Putterman.
Key features include:
- Visual Watchlists - Kogniz instantly identifies people of concern, such as a known criminal, shoplifter or ex-employee. Using highly accurate facial recognition, Kogniz alerts the business when that person is identified.
- Threat Detection - Kogniz is designed to detect potential threats, immediately warning when it recognises a weapon or dangerous object.
- Access Control - Kogniz can watch over a secure area such as a data centre, stock room, etc., and notify users when an unauthorised person comes into view.
- Suspect Watch - Kogniz identifies and remembers suspicious behaviours, allowing it to track visit patterns, dwell-time and other attributes that can help to identify patterns of suspicious behaviour.
- Smart Recording - Kogniz stores relevant video in a private and secure cloud vault that can be accessed from anywhere.
Kogniz products are currently in pilot programs with various law enforcement, government agencies, banks and corporations.