HID Global’s extensive pivCLASS portfolio enables customers to comply with government credentialing mandates
pivCLASS dual interface smart cards portfolio is a series of high security microprocessor cards for combined logical and physical access. The cards are utilised for two factor authentication, providing data confidentiality, digital signatures, secure remote access and desktop login. For physical access control, the cards include one or two contactless interface(s) to support over-the-air authentication with support for iCLASS Seos, iCLASS SE, standard iCLASS or Proximity.
The credit card-sized credentials support FIPS 201 government deployments, while the highly durability card body makes the credentials ideal for a range of additional use cases, including government ID programmes. The cards are available as a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) for US Government employees and a PIV Interoperable (PIV-I) for US Government contractors.
pivCLASS smart cards are also available as a Commercial Identity Verification (CIV) credential for use by governments around the world or private organisations that require highly secure access control for sensitive areas, including power stations as well as data storage, nuclear, water and petrochemical facilities and other critical infrastructures.
- Dual interface capability: single smart card chip with both a contact and a contactless interface, using shared memory and chip resources.
- Smart card chip integrates secure co-processor with high performance for cryptographic calculations with symmetric and asymmetric PKI keys.
- Large memory space to support PIV application (and associated data model) as well as other applications.
- Flexible support for post-issuance requests (add, update or delete for card applications/objects).
- FIPS 140-2 (security accreditation) and FIPS 201 approved as per NIST requirements.
- Supports HID Global's Secure Identity Object (SIO) for protecting the contactless interface (beyond the FIPS 201 data model).
|Model code||pivCLASS smart cards|
|Card/ Tag/ Fob||Card|
|Technology Type||Smart Card|
|ISO size Printable||Yes|
|Operating Frequency MHz||13.56|
|Memory Size KB||144|
|Physical Specifications||Dimensions mm: 54 x 86 x 1|
|Environmental Specifications||Operating Temp oC: -25 ~ +65 C (-13 ~ 149 F)|
|Additional info||HID Global pivCLASS smart card is a dual interface smart card that addresses the growing demand for projects requiring FIPS 201 interoperability. It provides end users with one smart card for physical and logical access, eliminating the need to carry multiple credentials or remember multiple passwords or PINs.|
|Download PDF version|
More HID Access control cards/ tags/ fobs
HID Global’s new physical access control platform for building security and management, workforce optimisation