HID Global unveils turnkey ActivID Appliance solution for strong and versatile authentication
HID Global, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced its new ActivID Appliance solution for strong authentication. Enabling organisations to protect corporate data against unauthorised access, ActivID Appliance is an essential component to ensure enterprise data security across numerous industries including banking, government and healthcare.
Targeted at medium to large organisations, the versatile appliance is interoperable with the widest range of authentication methods to ensure an organisation’s employees, consultants, partners, and customers have secure and appropriate access to corporate data and online applications.
ActivID Appliance, formerly 4TRESS Authentication Appliance, is a full SAML v2 compliant identity provider, available as both a hardware appliance and a virtual appliance. Providing comprehensive multi-layered and versatile strong authentication, including ActivID Threat Detection Service, it gives enterprises the ability to secure a mobile workforce, enabling the use of personal and corporate mobile phones for two factor authentication.
“HID Global works closely with customers in every industry, from banking and government to healthcare and the enterprise, and their feedback is consistent across the board – they need a reliable and secure way to validate user identity that does not add unnecessary complexity to their existing environments,” said Yves Massard, director of product line management, Identity Assurance with HID Global. “We developed the ActivID Appliance based on this input to improve the ease of deployment and management, while ensuring the highest level of security for end-users accessing data over the public Internet using all types of devices.”
New ActivID Appliance Features:
- Simpler and improved high-availability with automatic recovery after network failure
- Customisable and customisable self-service portal allows users to establish and maintain their own credentials or tokens without IT admin support
- Control over which soft token platform is used in a particular environment (e.g. a user can decide to enable iOS, Windows and Blackberry but disable
- usage from Android and J2ME phones)
- Version control for any and all soft tokens, providing customers with additional options for risk mitigation
- Multiple security domains, allowing segregated management of different groups (e.g. employees and customers)
- SNMP v3 monitoring
- Premium hardware support option with advance replacement and on-site warranty replacement
HID Global’s ActivID Appliance is available immediately through channel partners. Click here for more information: http://www.hidglobal.com/products/software/identity-assurance/activid-appliance
|Model code||ActivID® Appliance|
|Accessories||ActivID® Threat Detection Service|
The HID ActivID® Appliance is a strong and versatile authentication appliance which increases security and decreases risks with robust two-factor authentication which inhibits breaches. It securely connects users from any location through a variety of devices and authentication methods and unobtrusive ActivID® Threat Detection.
|Download PDF version|
More HID Access control systems & kits
Is your access control as effective as you think?Download
The role of IT in physical access controlDownload
Convergence of physical and logical accessDownload