HID Global, a provider of trusted identity solutions, today introduced HID FARGO Connect, the industry’s first cloud-based solution that simplifies and streamlines the issuance of ID cards and credentials.
HID FARGO Connect creates a new approach for ID issuance that replaces the old paradigm of standalone printers tied to a dedicated PC workstation. For the first time ever, ID cards can be issued from anywhere and from any device via a web interface in a trusted environment. HID FARGO Connect allows you to remotely monitor and manage your consumables helping you to avoid out of stock issues and better manage your replenishment processes.
Whole new experience
“HID FARGO Connect is the biggest innovation that the ID card issuance industry has seen in more than a decade, and with it, HID is changing the way cards and credentials are issued forever,” said Craig Sandness, Vice President and Managing Director of Secure Issuance with HID Global. “HID Global is introducing a game-changing way for people to issue IDs, and we’re turning HID FARGO printers into smart, secure, web-enabled, edge devices for the Internet of Trusted Things.”
With over one million FARGO printers in use around the world today, HID is delivering a whole new experience for people responsible for issuing ID cards to employees, visitors, contractors, students or anyone using cards or mobile IDs for access control, loyalty programs, payments and a broad range of services.
Process of issuing student IDs to thousands of people during orientation has been simplified and streamlined
Among the first to use HID FARGO Connect is Kent State University. The process of issuing student IDs to thousands of people during orientation has been simplified and streamlined through its shift to a cloud-based approach with HID FARGO Connect. The student experience has significantly improved, aligning with the university’s students-first priority.
“As one responsible for issuing thousands of IDs at our Kent Campus and at our other sites, I see HID FARGO Connect as providing us a next-generation platform for producing cards for our students that impacts them in only positive ways,” said Michael O’Karma, Office Systems Coordinator for Flashcard Operations, Kent State University. “The advantage to the students is that they do not have to wait in line any longer, and the advantage to us in the administrative office is that we can provide a better service that’s more cost-effective and efficient.”
HID FARGO features
The new HID FARGO Connect cloud service does the following:
- Simplifies management and delivery of high-volume ID issuance, saving money and time while increasing control and security
- Eliminates the need for computers dedicated for ID issuance at every location
- Eliminates the need for management of software and other IT resources associated with ID issuance
- Gives administrators full visibility and control like they have never previously had
- Complies with and exceeds today’s ever-increasing data security standards – critical for any distributed or remote issuance environment -- utilizing state-of-the-art Identrust digital certificates
- Allows users to securely access networked HID FARGO Card Printers and Encoders
- Integrates with many leading technology providers of both “one card” solutions and physical access control software, including HID’s Quantum Secure SAFE software
Stringent regulatory security
HID FARGO Connect is delivered using the industry’s most secure cloud technologies with end-to-end encryption and transport layer security. Users can create new cards, encode data, issue replacements and manage print queues all in one trusted system that meets the most stringent regulatory security and data privacy requirements.
HID FARGO Connect is a platform that will continue to evolve over time to further enhance the capabilities for mobility and securing the Internet of Trusted Things (IoTT).