CABSEC 15: Promoting Security Cooperation in the Caribbean Basin
This third annual conference will be formally hosted with the Common wealth of the Bahamas, and brings together ministers, chiefs of defence, law-enforcement officers, and diplomatic personnel to discuss the provision of maritime security in the region. The CABSEC forum is an impartial one that can make a meaningful contribution by addressing critical questions of maritime security and promoting the implementation of structures of cooperation within the region and sub-regions.
The nexus between transnational organised crime and extremist organizations continues to pose a global threat. Funding for extremist groups around the world, that continue to threaten U.S. and European interests, is connected to transatlantic illicit flows. This also remains a considerable risk for Caribbean Nations; the impact of a terrorist incident in any part of the Caribbean would decimate the region’s tourism sector that underpins many of the economies. Additionally, the social ills associated with illicit activity, such as knife and gun crime, continue to affect local communities on a daily basis.
- Combating transnational organised criminal networks
- Promoting the Treaty of San Jose
- Supporting the CARICOM Crime and Security Strategy
- Facilitating regional and hemispheric security cooperation
- Interdiction of narcotics flowing through the region
- Protecting national Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZ) Collective approaches to cyber security
- Enhancing regional training and security cooperation
- Sharing lessons learned in the establishment and modernisation of Coast Guard forces
- Visitor Origin:
- Visitor demographic:
- Security Professionals
- Security Managers
- Maritime Authorities
- Maritime Managers
- IQPC Ltd.
- 129 Wilton Road, London, United States of America (USA)
Upcoming Events in Brazil
LAAD Security 2018
- 10 - 12 Apr, 2018
- São Paulo, Brazil