HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, recently introduced new Brick Tag Ceramic UHF transponders and SlimFlex™ HF OM tags that are designed and architected to withstand environments requiring metal applications, while complying with evolving industry standards. The new tags demonstrate the company’s continued commitment to the rapid expansion of RFID solutions for industrial, Internet of Things (IoT) and near field communications (NFC) applications.
Adhering to RAIN RFID alliance
“As the market demands more security and sophisticated IoT and NFC applications, transponders must be designed to perform regardless of deployment environment, size, shape or component materials,” said Richard Aufreiter, Director of Product Management for Identification Technologies with HID Global. “HID Global is constantly developing new and innovative tag configurations and cross-functional capabilities. The new tags are the latest examples of how we are leading the industry in RFID technology that simplifies asset management and product protection while streamlining manufacturing operations for metal tools, equipment and appliances.”
Aufreiter also cited membership in the RAIN® RFID Alliance as evidence of HID Global’s commitment to advocate the standardisation of UHF RFID technology. RAIN RFID is a global organisation promoting the universal adoption of UHF technology solutions across different markets.
Collaborating with Henkel
In order to facilitate a long-lasting fixture of Brick Tags, HID Global works closely with Henkel, a leading solution provider for adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. “We collaborate in selecting the right adhesives to match the demanding environments for which the tags are designed,” said Kathrin Horstmann, Market Development Manager General Manufacturing Western Europe with Henkel. “For example, the new Brick Tag Ceramic UHF transponders are used for a specific solution that withstands medical device and industrial applications.”
Brick Tag Ceramic transponders are ideal for applications on metal assets, such as tools, weaponry and surgical instrumentation. Brick Tag features:
- Include some of the smallest UHF tags available and are available in four sizes.
- Hard exterior encasing to shield transponders from exposure to extreme conditions and.
- Optimised for both EU and US readers and 512-bit memory that is readable and writable from up to 3.3 feet (1 m).
SlimFlex HF OM (on-metal) tags are ideal for industrial applications, including safety checks on equipment for preventive and corrective maintenance. SlimFlex tag features:
- Supports the new NFC -V standard, as well as traditional industrial HF applications.
- Just over 3 inches long by 1 inch wide (83 x 25 mm), and less than a quarter-inch (6 mm) thin
- Thermoplastic elastomer housing mounts tightly with cable ties to pipes or other curved metal surfaces.
- Three mount holes per side provide great flexibility for affixing to objects.
When formatted with an NDEF data structure, SlimFlex HF OM tags are fully NFC Type 5 compliant and can be read with a smartphone.