Africa Security Symposium 2017
Africa Security Symposium 2017 - Bringing you closer
The Africa Security Symposium 2017 is a two-day high-level event being held at the Radisson Blu Hotel Nairobi, Kenya on 20-21 June 2017. It is a unique platform that welcomes senior government and agency officials, NGOs, prime and subcontractors, buyers, suppliers, and key decision-makers, for presentations and bilateral discussions, an exhibition, social networking, and pre-scheduled matchmaking meetings.
Building on the successes seen in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (2016), the Africa Security Symposium will once again welcome Police Forces and Ministers of Defence & Interior from across the continent alongside the likes of the African Union Commission (AUC), U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM), United Nations-African Union Mission in Darfur (UNAMID), UN Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO), the U.S. Naval Forces Europe & Africa/U.S. Sixth Fleet, INTERPOL, EU Naval Force Somalia (EU NAVFOR), Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Centre (KAIPTC), British Peace Support Team (East Africa), AU's Committee of Intelligence & Security Service of Africa (CISSA), Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa (CJTF-HOA), COMESA Secretariat, EASF Secretariat, EUCAP Nestor Somalia, IGAD Security Sector Program (ISSP), United Nations Office to the African Union (UNOAU), World Food Programme (WFP), UN Office of Project Services (UNOPS) and many more.
Furthermore, African homeland security spending is expected to reach $345 billion by 2022, up from $178 billion in 2010, with significant growth in the sectors of aviation, defence, communication, data, cyber security, counter-terrorism, peacekeeping & stability, and logistics.
Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) have long been considered the driving force for growth across the developing world but in particular, Africa. The emphasis of the Africa Security Symposium's format is on direct engagement.
- Formal presentations; new-to-market programme details, announcing large-scale opportunities, defence and security strategy discussion
- Varied topics; capacity building, resilience, support operations, reconstruction, infrastructure and communications, border management, advanced technologies, counter-terrorism, and post-operational challenges such as food security, disaster management, displaced citizens, health and in particular logistics solutions
- Global audience of security experts, peace agencies, and local, regional & international operators
- A solutions exhibition; present your expertise and technology in-person
- Networking and social functions; mingle, discuss and create lasting relationships
- Pre-scheduled matchmaking meetings; one-to-one time with the event’s delegation of officials
Equally, Nairobi, Kenya is perfectly placed and regarded as the epicentre of security activity on the continent, certainly East and the Horn of Africa.
Attending the Africa Security Symposium not only gives you the opportunity to hear first-hand from the continent’s leading intelligence and peace support officials but, you are able to engage participants personally – matchmaking meetings, displays and demonstrations, and ample time for networking with like-minded peers and colleagues.
- Visitor Origin:
- Visitor demographic:
- Security professionals
- GRV Global
- 8a West Smithfield, London, Kenya