11th Annual Privacy and Security Conference
11th Annual Privacy and Security Conference: "Navigating the Digital Ocean: Riding the Waves of Change"
World Class Speakers Convene in Victoria this February
The government of British Columbia and the office of the CIO are delighted to announce the following speakers have been confirmed for this year's international Privacy and Security conference:
- Jennifer Stoddart, Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Mozelle Thompson, Independent Advisor, Facebook, and former Commissioner to the US Federal Trade Commission
- Patrick Gray, Senior Security Advisor, Cisco, and former FBI agent
- Frank Work, Information and Privacy Commissioner for Alberta
- Michael Calce "Mafiaboy" and Craig Silverman, author of "Mafiaboy"
- Scott Shipman, Senior Counsel, Global Privacy Practices, eBAY
- David Loukidelis, Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia
- Ira Winkler, President Internet Security Advisors Group and author of "Spies Among Us", "Corporate Espionage" and "Through the Eyes of the Enemy"
- Ann Cavoukian, Information and Privacy Commissioner for Ontario and author of "The Privacy Payoff"
- Dave Nikolejsin, CIO, Government of British Columbia
- Fred Cate, Distinguished Professor and C. Ben Dutton Professor of Law Director, Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research, Indiana University and Senior Policy Advisor, Centre for Information Policy Leadership, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Art Gilliland, Vice President of Product Management, Symantec
- Daniel Solove, Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School and author of "Understanding Privacy" and "The Digital Person: Technology and Privacy in the Information Age"
- Mohammad Akif, National Security and Privacy Lead, Microsoft Canada
- Bill Blair, Chief of Toronto Police Service and President, Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
- Visitor Origin:
- Visitor demographic:
- Senior government officials
- Governmental and non-governmental agencies
- Technology experts
- Reboot Communications Ltd.
- Suite 814, 21 Dallas Road, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada