We live in scary times. Fears about the pandemic and continuing civil unrest are pushing millions to buy guns, many for the first time. With more gun sales comes at least the possibility of more gun violence, which is already a tragic reality, whether in schools or on city streets.
Gunshot detection trends and related technologies can help to keep "smart cities" safer, and gunshot detection companies are raising their profile in the physical security industry. The benefits of gunshot detection include faster response times to emergencies and fewer casualties. The technology is a game-changer for active shooter response.
Other approaches to preventing gun violence include combining artificial intelligence (AI) and neural networks with video systems, and even using audio analytics systems to detect gunshots and the "sounds" of physical aggression. This Gunshot Detection eMagazine from SourceSecurity.com explores the latest trends.
- Gunshot detectors shorten response times and make cities safer
- The how and why of gunshot detection
- Gunfire detection solutions and AI technology to address the growth in mass shootings
- Security device manufacturers develop interfaces to be compatible with gunshot detection technologies
- Actuate software detects gun threats and provides real-time alert