Wireless Access Control eBook
Even today, the access control strategies of otherwise sophisticated organisations can vary widely. Many facilities are still utilising non-networked keypads, combination locks, or even simple mechanical credentials—the same metal keys that have been used for centuries.
While many organisations may find that these solutions adequately meet their needs, the reality is that they lack many important features such as audit trail, the ability to revoke privileges if a key is lost, and integration with a centralised security management system. As a result, facilities must deal with the high cost of rekeying and an overall lower level of security.
In this Wireless Access Control eBook, ASSA ABLOY Opening Solutions explains how wireless electronic access control solutions provide another option that offers most or all of the same benefits, as well as many new benefits not possible with wired solutions.
- The evolution of electronic access control systems
- The benefits of wireless access control
- Important considerations when evaluating wireless solutions
- The different wireless technologies available
- When and where to use each technology