Loss prevention and beyond: How video innovation enriches retailers
The retail market is facing unprecedented challenges as brick-and-mortar locations struggle to redefine their role in the age of online commerce. Retailers also deal with continuing, age-old requirements to minimise costs in a competitive landscape and to provide services and a customer experience that encourages repeat business.
Video surveillance technology today offers new tools to help retailers. Video in the retail sector has long been associated with loss prevention – providing that "eye in the sky" for store security personnel. But just as retailers are re-inventing themselves, so is video technology.
This white paper offers an in-depth discussion of camera capabilities and a transition guide from analogue to IP technology, to give retailers a competitive advantage.
- The transition from analog to IP
- New cameras expand capabilities
- Cloud-based systems in retail
- Return on Investment (ROI) in retail
- Value for operations and merchanising
- Leveraging video in the IT environment
- Providing an operations "window", and responding quickly
- Impacting retail beyond loss prevention
Expanding video surveillance in the enterprise market
Video Surveillance: Lessons from the education market
Meeting the Cybersecurity Challenge of IP Video Systems - SourceSecurity.com Technology Report
Market Report: Cannabis at a glance