While many network security systems are now built to support IT best practices and standards, physical access control systems (PACS) have traditionally been designed without IT professionals in mind. Fortunately these limitations are changing, as a new breed of affordable, web-based physical access control systems are emerging.
This guide has been written to help IT professionals evaluate the effectiveness of their existing building security system and work with their physical security counterparts to find a physical access control system that meets their organisation’s overall security, IT and budgetary needs.
- Reliabilty: Reduce costs, enhance scalability
- Security: Hardened against software vulnerabilities
- Mobility: Physical security goes mobile
- Usability: Real-world convergence
- Flexibility: Why to avoid proprietary door hardware
Record locally, view centrally, manage remotely
5 ways sharper, smarter end-to-end solutions can protect organisations
High Definition Stream Management Part 1: Maximum scalability and bandwidth management
High Definition Stream Management Part 2: The technical details