Published on 17 March, 2016
|The partnership provides PSA integrators with an innovative tool that reduces system design time by up to 50%
PSA Security and System Surveyor recently announced that they have entered into a partnership to offer System Surveyor through the PSA Security Network. System Surveyor is a mobile app and cloud-based tool that simplifies the design, installation and maintenance of electronic security systems. The partnership provides PSA integrators with a breakthrough, innovative tool that reduces system design time by up to 50% and improves the efficiency of ongoing system life cycle maintenance resulting in better customer service and higher margins.
iPad-based mobile app and cloud workspace
System Surveyor’s intuitive iPad-based mobile app and cloud workspace provides system integrators with the ability to collect detailed survey and design information; capture, annotate, and associate photos to floor plan design elements; collaborate with technicians and project managers; and securely access plans back at their office. The all-in-one tool allows for more efficient design, maintenance and an established, accessible system of record.
PSA Network is the world’s largest electronic security cooperative, owned by the most progressive security integrators throughout North America who are responsible for over $2 billion annually in security, fire and life safety installations.
New business solutions partner
“PSA is thrilled to be working with a very new kind of business solutions partner,” said Ric McCullough, Vice President of Sales and Customer Service. “There is a lot of excitement about simplifying and improving system design using innovative mobile apps and cloud technology that our industry has yet to truly leverage. System Surveyor is going to have a big competitive impact for our members and their businesses.”
“We provide a way for integrators to eliminate expensive cumbersome CAD drawings, outdated system records, and "blind" service calls by pulling together floor plans with device placements, technical device details, photos and administrative system information on a single, secure, and accessible platform,” said Lisa Hugman, Co-Founder, System Surveyor. “The PSA partnership is important to reach more integrators with a revolutionary solution that we’re confident will benefit integrators and end users alike.”
System Surveyor highlights:
- All-in-one iPad™ based tool and cloud workspace
- Secure collaboration among team members and across departments
- Import floor plans or capture them from the camera
- Easy and intuitive “drag & drop” system element placement
- Elements include all system components for video surveillance, intrusion detection, access control and IT systems
- Take photos and automatically associate to an element, annotate and label for designs
- Area of coverage control indicates direction and angle of coverage for fixed cameras, motion detectors and other devices
- Intelligent scripted site surveys and ability to duplicate elements
- Powerful reporting tools