Published on 29 June, 2016
|With the new LKL version a 28 dBi high gain integrated antenna allows links in excess of 35 km to be deployed with a low-profile, integrated solution
Proxim Wireless Corporation announced a long range version of its carrier class Tsunami QuickBridge® backhaul product - the new Tsunami® QB-10150-LKL.
With the newly introduced LKL version, a 28 dBi high gain integrated antenna allows links in excess of 35 km to be deployed with a low-profile, integrated solution. Shorter range connections will also benefit from the higher modulation rates and resulting higher data rates enabled by this powerful product over competitive products with lower antenna gain.
The LKL version continues to support key features that have made the QB 10100 series successful such as:
- High Capacity - this product supports a useable throughput of 650 Mbps
- Frequency Agile - customers can select a wide frequency range from 5.15 to 5.85 GHz in a single model
- Carrier Class - Supporting standard Telco temperature ranges from -40 to +60 C, and contained in an IP67 rated enclosure these products are made to last in the most harsh environments. In addition the QB-10150-LKL supports IEEE 1588 pass through and Jumbo Frames, which are common carrier requirements.
- New Simply Powerful GUI - The QB-10150-LKL sports the newly released "Simply Powerful GUI" that is present in all 10100 products.
- RF Robustness - The QB-10150-LKL, like all Proxim Tsunami radio products implements Proxim ClearConnect™ ensuring the radio is able to withstand all but the most hostile RF environments.
- WORP® - Proxim's proprietary WORP software provides efficiency and QoS over the link allowing multiple traffic streams with varying QoS needs to be bundled into one link.
Ideal for small cell backhaul
With high bandwidth, QoS, and RF robustness and now long range coverage, the QB-10150-LKL is ideal for small cell backhaul, video security backhaul, and enterprise connectivity applications.
"The release of the QB-10150-LKL PtP product represents Proxim's continued leadership in delivering what customers need in this market - highly cost effective PtP links with an extended range for those challenging deployments," said Greg Marzullo, President and CEO of Proxim Wireless. "With a greater than 35 km range, the LKL product will enable simple, rapid installation of carrier class, high-capacity PTP links our customers demand."