Published on 13 July, 2015
|According to IHS report, Axis is still ranked as the clear market leader in network video in the Americas and EMEA regions
The second quarter
- Net sales increased by 19 percent during the second quarter to SEK 1,616 M (1,355). Net sales decreased by 1 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 117 M (188), which corresponds to an operating margin of 7.2 percent (13.8).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 83 M (139).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.19 (2.00).
The first half-year
Network video market leader in the Americas and EMEA regions
- Net sales increased by 20 percent during the period to SEK 2,971 M (2,484). Net sales increased by 0 percent in local currencies.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 261 M (260), which corresponds to an operating margin of 8.8 percent (10.5).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 187 M (191).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.69 (2.75).
“During the second quarter, sales amounted to SEK 1,616 M, an increase of 19 percent compared to the same period of the previous year. Sales were positively impacted by foreign currency effects, particularly from the US dollar. While a number of countries in Southeast Asia and parts of Europe performed well, we continued to see weak growth in several large markets, especially in Eastern Europe, South America and parts of Northern Asia.
In May, the independent global information and analysis company IHS presented its yearly report on the video surveillance market. Network video is estimated to account for 67 percent of the global video surveillance market. 39 percent of all surveillance cameras sold today are network cameras. Axis is still ranked as the clear market leader in network video in the Americas and EMEA regions. IHS estimates that the global market for video surveillance will grow by 10 percent annually over the next five years.
We continue to develop and strengthen our offering towards all market segments. During the quarter, we released an updated version of AXIS Camera Companion with enhanced functionality. A large number of new and innovative network cameras were introduced and we also broadened our offering with a door station featuring integrated video for identification and entry control.
In early 2016, construction will begin on Axis’ new headquarters in Lund with space for 1,100 employees. We are continuing to build an organisation that will be able to meet the market opportunities. The recruitment rate is in line with our view of the prevailing market trend and 120 new employees were welcomed to the company during the first half-year”. said Ray Mauritsson, President, Axis Communications.
The full report is available on: www.axis.com/global/en/about-axis/investor-relations/financial-reports